“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stock
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is the first time my boyfriend and I had been here and certainly won't be the last. Everything was perfect and couldn't find fault with a single thing. The staff particularly deserve a mention. Nothing was too much trouble and they went over and above what you would expect, without the condescending attitude you sometimes get in other good hotels. Particular mention has to be made of Luke who worked in the restaurant - fantastic service. Can't wait to go back - would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
LucyH0103, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review of a stay with us at Greenwoods. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feedback.
We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our facilities and are so pleased that our guests are enjoying the improvements.
Our staff work hard to ensure that our customers enjoy their experience with us completely and I have passed your comments regarding their service to our team, with thanks.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon so that we can show you more of the improvements we have made.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Essex
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed at Greenwoods on a number of occasions and always thought it a shame that there was little investment. This has now changed as it is now under new ownership. From our visit at the end of March to our recent visit over the Easter weekend the positive changes are now evident.

The pool area has been repainted and has lovely new loungers (press the button at the side of the lounger to change position). There is a new head chef and this was evident with a lovely evening meal and breakfast.

There have been mixed reviews on this site over the last year and with all the great changes I would not hesitate to recommend that people should give this great venue another chance.

1 Thank Brengorg
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding a stay with us over Easter. We are really pleased that so many of our clients are happy with the many changes our new owners have made and hope that you will come back and visit us again.
In the forthcoming weeks we plan to finish many of the current projects to include: a brand new sauna and steam room, new carpets and a refurbishment of our restaurant and kitchens. After which we plan to unveil brand new menus and services, which we are all very excited about.
We would like to thank you, on behalf of the new management of Greenwoods, for your loyalty and custom and hope that you will continue our friendship throughout the exciting changes we are making.
Please do let us know if you have any suggestions for us to help improve our guests experiences.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Brighton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is now my 3rd stay here and hopefully my last as they seem unable and un-interested in sorting out a very simple thing...internet access!

The wifi does not work again, and me and my colleagues have all experienced this and complained. I work in Chelmsford and we have people staying in local hotels every week, but we all need to be able to work in the evenings.

People on holiday usually want to use the internet as well.

I have complained again this evening and this is after I specifically requested a room with internet access when I booked and at check in.

We will now find somewhere better to stay so they have lost our business. It's a shame as the hotel is fine apart from that. Rooms are OK, if a little dated and the spa is nice.

As we have complained several times in recent months and there has been no improvement, I can only conclude they are not interested in business travellers. Oh well

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mo_Brighton
Thank you for your feedback following a recent overnight visit and conference with us at Greenwoods. Unfortunately we experienced an issue with the main broadband line coming into the hotel late on Tuesday evening, which resulted in the hotel losing the internet and Wi-Fi functions.
Our staff did their utmost to ensure the issue was rectified as quickly as possible and had engineers on site first thing in the morning to resolve the issue: which they had done by mid-morning.
As I mentioned to you in conversation since the new owners have taken over, they have invested time and money in improving as many facilities as possible to enhance our clients experiences. This has included: new televisions in the bedrooms, updating our spa and pool facilities, opening a new gym, improving the car-park and the work is still continuing. The a brand new Wi-Fi system has also newly been installed and further to your previous comments, we have added several new boosters to ensure that the signal can be picked up in every bedroom and throughout the public areas.
We can assure you that the comfort of our corporate clients is a priority for us and as such will make sure that there will be no issues with our Wi-Fi or internet going forward. We thank you for your patience.
I do hope that following our conversation you will continue your valued custom with Greenwoods and we are always happy to discuss any suggestions you may have to improve our facilities any further.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My friend treated me to a one night spa break service excellent room very nice only complaint TV too small but we were't there to watch TV disappointed the steam room was out of service had lunch dinner and breakfast all delicious and without fault
The spa treatment we had on the first day weren't great the second day were very good. The new hairdresser was lovely and she done a lovely wash and blow dry.
We really enjoyed ourselves

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LTT007
LucyH0103, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review an overnight stay with us at Greenwoods. We are encouraging all of our guests to feedback any suggestions you may have to help us improve our services and so will make sure that all of your comments have been taken on board.
I am sorry if our steam room was out of action on the day of your visit: but am delighted to confirm that a brand new sauna and steam room are being fitted in the forthcoming weeks.
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our new hairdresser. We are so pleased that you had time to use this new service and glad you enjoyed.
We do hope that you will visit us again soon to see the new poolside facilities.
ESSEX U.K.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had a very pleasant afternoon, food very nice and lovely cakes, staff excellent and very helpful, I believe the hotel in under new ownership, the new gym is excellent, when I was having a look around, I made my mind up to defiantly book again maybe for an over night stay so I can use the gym and of course the spa etc. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for the positive review of your visit to Greenwoods. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your afternoon. Our afternoon tea menu has been redesigned by our new head chef and we aim to ensure that all of our guests leave us with positive comments.
The new gym has been very popular since we launched it earlier this month and features brand new equipment for guests of all abilities.
We do hope that you will book up an overnight stay with us soon to make full use of all our new facilities.
Look forward to welcoming you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at Greenwoods for one night. Was given 2 key cards which didn't work. Friends also staying had the same problem twice. Tried to call reception from our room but the phone didn't work so had to use my mobile! Breakfast was included in our room rate and so it should be bearing in mind the extortionate room rate. Breakfast was poor - 5 mushrooms and a teaspoon of baked beans - only good thing was the sausage and bacon! Toast was meant to be included but we never received any and no salt and pepper on table. Fruit juice jugs were not replenished and nobody about to ask for more. Nobody came to our table to ask if everything was ok or if we needed anything else. If breakfast wasn't included in room rate you had to pay £20. What a rip off. All in all poor service and expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sam D D
LucyH0103, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding a recent overnight stay with us. I am sorry to learn that you have been disappointed with any aspect of your experience and have made sure that all your comments have been passed along to the relevant staff.
We are in the process of updating and improving many of our facilities throughout the hotel and will use all of our customer feedback to ensure that we enhance our guests experience.
We will be updating all of our door lock systems throughout the hotel with a new and modern system to alleviate any issues going forward.
Our new head chef is currently redeveloping all of our menus and we will be introducing a new style breakfast service in the next few weeks, which we are positive our guests will enjoy. I am sorry if you were disappointed on this occasion and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in person.
Please contact me at the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had my 50th Birthday party/soirée at Greenwoods on the 27 th March 2014, which was a triumph.
The staff was really accommodating ,professional ,friendly and totally understood my brief and my needs for my party. Hannah was a gem and able to help me plan such a special day. I have been to Greenwoods in the past over 3 years ago and I hated my experiences then ,but this time it was perfect and I can be very hard to pease and difficult! Receptionists were pleasant and also accommodating as I had people and suppliers back and forth to hotel bringing the cakes, balloons ,music. We had the use of the library and meeting room for my party, everything was set up beautifully before I arrived ,by the hotel staff and the house Manager( cannot remember his name) planned everything, serving staff ,Buffet , drinks all executed at the right times, I did not even have to stress over anything.. This hotel was so good that I was allowed to bring some of my Caribbean food to be served to my guests! For me that was important and that's a great service to me . My bedroom was beautiful and my friends rooms were grand..we loved the old style,clean and quiet. Breakfast was great, tasty ,hot and the waitress was friendly and treated us with respect. My friends and I were very impressed with everything and our experience at Greenwoods.. I just hope that it continues. Hope that my experience this time around was due to the new management in place which I think is a great thing. Beautiful hotel in a great location. Thank you for making my Birthday very special .

Room Tip: Rooms 007 and 15.. Very beautiful..love the old fashioned decor and marble bathrooms.