Having been to Greenwoods many times under previous ownership (not through choice) for afternoon tea I was always disappointed. Having been advised new ownership is under way I had high expectations. The afternoon tea has improved- not on the sandwich side; there are stiill 3 very tiny sandwiches with very bland, tasteless filling but the cakes were defiantely an improvement. However, what has not improved is the service. It is appauling. Why keep on previous staff that can't do their job? Customers should not have to repeatedly ask for tea and coffee, then again ask for top ups, customers should not have to ask for the actual food, customers should not have to ask for more cream as surprisingly the tiny egg cup portion didn't stretch enough for four adults whom have two scones each, customers should not have to ask for the bill, all of this is such trivial but very important things. This was the same problem before and again now. Staff need to constantly be checking on customers and ensuring they have everything both they have paid for and deserve. Customers should be asked if they want any fresh beverages. Customers should be asked how their afternoon tea is. Service was and still is appauling. I appreciate you have a lot to do but this is something that should of been addressed and rectified months ago the moment you took new ownership. It is a shame as you have made the exterior and interior look much better, however you won't fill an empty building based on poor service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenwoods Hotel is a converted 17th Century Grade II listed manor house with 39 exclusive bedrooms. Other features include acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, an AA rosette awarded restaurant serving a wide array of exquisite food and a sumptuous lounge bar where traditional afternoon tea is served next to a roaring fire. The luxurious spa and leisure facilities include a fully equipped gym, heated indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Greenwoods recently underwent a multi-million pound refurbishment programme, resulting in a fabulous new-look spa, brand new bedrooms, gardens and public areas. We plan our special events with expert attention to detail and care: whether you're searching for the perfect venue for your wedding or corporate event - Greenwoods has everything you need to make your event a success - and more. A warm welcome, exquisite menus and attentive service await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Greenwoods Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greenwoods Estate Spa And Retreat Hotel Stock
- Greenwoods Estate Hotel And Retreat
- Greenwoods Estate Stock
- Greenwoods Hotel & Spa Essex/Stock