I have stayed at Greenwoods on many occasions with various people and have always had a brilliant experience. With our previous visits in mind there was no doubt about where we would hold our wedding reception as food, staff, grounds and general ambiance are fantastic.
When staying at the hotel I had on a number of occasions mentioned to my family/friends that the hotel, although beautiful, could gain from some small refurbishment works to freshen the look. I was delighted to find out that the new owner had immediate plans to do so and so far the transformation is great.
We held our wedding reception in the marquee in June (after a couple of years of planning with the fantastic co-ordinator Kelly) and could not fault Greenwoods or the staff at all. We stayed for two nights and had a wonderful meal the evening before the wedding and were very well looked after for the entirety of our stay. The wedding breakfast and buffet were delicious and well presented, the marquee was set up stunningly by Kelly and our suppliers and the staff were extremely friendly and attentive. The hotel was booked out by our guests and all commented on how lovely Greenwoods is as a venue.
One of the reasons that we chose Greenwoods was due to the fact that they hold only one event per day and this makes it very appealing to anybody planning a wedding/party. We have never experienced any issues with the staff, food or cleanliness and we would be the first to complain if this was the case.
All in all I must commend Greenwoods and it's staff (especially Kelly), not only for always providing us with an enjoyable stay but, for helping us have our dream wedding day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greenwoods Hotel is a converted 17th Century Grade II listed manor house with 39 exclusive bedrooms. Other features include acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, an AA rosette awarded restaurant serving a wide array of exquisite food and a sumptuous lounge bar where traditional afternoon tea is served next to a roaring fire. The luxurious spa and leisure facilities include a fully equipped gym, heated indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Greenwoods recently underwent a multi-million pound refurbishment programme, resulting in a fabulous new-look spa, brand new bedrooms, gardens and public areas. We plan our special events with expert attention to detail and care: whether you're searching for the perfect venue for your wedding or corporate event - Greenwoods has everything you need to make your event a success - and more. A warm welcome, exquisite menus and attentive service await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Greenwoods Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greenwoods Estate Spa And Retreat Hotel Stock
- Greenwoods Estate Hotel And Retreat
- Greenwoods Estate Stock
- Greenwoods Hotel & Spa Essex/Stock