Stayed here as part of a Christmas Party.
On arrival, it looks pretty nice, tastefully decorated etc. We were promptly booked in and allocated block 6 in the Villiage. Now, if you are not young and fit dont bother because its at 10 - 15 min walk down a long corridor and then outside in the freezing cold, with luggage (no one helps...no bell boy etc) poorly lit signs for the rooms too!!
Anyway, got into the room, they are lovely, huge bed and TV, room was lovely and warm, i had a large balcony, bathrooms are nice etc. It is only on closer inspection you see the faults i.e. cracks in the bathroom walls, poor finish, there was hair on the bathroom floor (not mine!!) bathrooms are a big issue for me and they need to be clean!
The bed on the other hand was very comfortable and i probably had the best nights sleep ever.
As far as the Christmas meal and entertainment, I went to 3 Rivers last year for half the price and it was much better than this.
The food was tasteless and if not burnt it was underdone. I had salmon serverd with carrotts and brussel sprouts?!? I like sprouts but these were rubbery and tasted microwaved.
The table wine was un drinkable!! Had to spend even more money at the bar!
The entertainment was poor, played a few current tunes and the reminader was cheesy 80's dont get me wrong i like a classic and a bit of cheese but not for 2 hours straight!!
The walk back to the villiage was cold and dark, again though the room was very nice and warm.
The breakfast was good, lots of choice and tasty.
I would not go back for a Christmas party. I would possibly stay here on a weekend break / spa break but would check the cleanliness of the bathrooms first!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Lakes Hotel, Golf, Country Club and Spa is a 4 star hotel offering some of the finest and most extensive health, leisure and sports facilities in the area. Set in 320 acres the 194 en-suite bedrooms overlook the attractive countryside and each is spacious and comfortably furnished. There is a choice of restaurants and bars. Leisure facilities include a luxury spa, indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and well-equipped gym. Golfers will enjoy the two 18-hole courses. Only an hour from London, and Stansted Airport, the hotel is ideal for both business and leisure guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes Hotel Tolleshunt Knights
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester 5 Lakes
- Five Lakes Hotel Country
- Five Lakes Resort Country
- Five Lakes Hotel Essex
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes Essex/Tolleshunt Knights