I visited the Crowne Plaza resort on the May bank holiday for a one night stay in an executive suite with my friend for a spa break. Well what can I say, after reading reviews I went with an open mind as I really did not want to be disappointed, needless to say that my stay was anything but disappointing! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special and cared for which was just what we needed on our relaxing break away! All the staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful.
We did have a issue with our stay package which was very quickly rectified by the spa staff who made us feel very confident that our stay would be a good one! I could not praise the spa staff enough for how this was handled and for how welcomed and special they made us feel! We loved our treatments and made good use of the lovely relaxation room whilst waiting.
Our room was lovely as expected as we upgraded to stay in an executive suite and all our needs and expectation were either met or exceeded.
We ate in the restaurant and found both dinner and breakfast to be very tasty offering a variety of good quality buffet foods that also catered for gluten and dairy free. We also had a few drinks in the bar which was pleasant, drinks were hotel prices as expected. An added bonus as an executive customer was that we got to make good use of the executive lounge where we were able to help ourselves to soft and hot drinks during the day and between 6-8pm also had nibbles and house wine and beer to choose from as well this was a nice touch.
The grounds were amazing with lots of other amenities to enjoy including a pool with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. There was a good clean gym, squash courts and even pool near a low key sports bar area this was also leading onto golfers paradise not to mention the amazing grounds as well.
As we only stayed for one night we did not get to see half of what this amazing hotel had to offer which just gives us even more reason to return. We both throughly enjoyed our break and are looking into booking our next stay.
Thank you for giving us the best mini getaway this was just what we needed, a little bit of paradise close to home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Lakes Hotel, Golf, Country Club and Spa is a 4 star hotel offering some of the finest and most extensive health, leisure and sports facilities in the area. Set in 320 acres the 194 en-suite bedrooms overlook the attractive countryside and each is spacious and comfortably furnished. There is a choice of restaurants and bars. Leisure facilities include a luxury spa, indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and well-equipped gym. Golfers will enjoy the two 18-hole courses. Only an hour from London, and Stansted Airport, the hotel is ideal for both business and leisure guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes Hotel Tolleshunt Knights
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester 5 Lakes
- Five Lakes Hotel Country
- Five Lakes Resort Country
- Five Lakes Hotel Essex
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes Essex/Tolleshunt Knights