“Lovely night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Lovely night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lovely hotel, pretty garden area, nice hotel room, well decorated.
I took my younger sister here for an overnight stay and a spa trip as her birthday present, we had dinner included which was a buffet, it was nice and although we enjoyed the food we found it a little disappointing on the choices, especially as she is a vegatarian, and found the puddings ran out quick so when they brought out new plates people would fight to the death over the last profiterole!
Spa treatment was fantastic and so relaxing, the girls there were lovely, and the pool area was lovely and well kept.
Only real complaint is that the reception staff were not overly polite, the doorman thought we were lost when we enetered, and the reception staff didnt give us adequate directions to where we needed to go for the spa appointment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes. It is most important to hear directly from our guests about their experience and I am therefore, pleased that overall your visit was an enjoyable one.

Your feedback regarding your dining experience has been taken on board and I am sorry that we did not quite meet your expectations in this regard.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about your relaxing spa treatments and the friendliness of our spa therapists. However, conversely, is concerning to read your comments regarding the service you received from our reception team and your feedback has already been forwarded to the Front Office Manager.

We value your feedback and will address your observations with our team members. Above all, we do hope we get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes in the future.

With kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booked this hotel for my partner for his birthday. We went as part of the golf and spa package and was not left disappointed. From the moment we arrived we were impressed and made to feel very welcome.The staff were exceptional and could not do enough for us.Always said hello to us when passing and even stopped to hold doors open.
My back massage was so relaxing and my partner loved the golf course.
Food was lovely . Do advise to book in advance as does get busy from 7pm.We were given the choice of the buffet or set menu but the buffet theme was Greek so we opted for the main menu. My partner had the steak and I had the lamb chops.It was very nice and and again great service by staff.Breakfast the next morning was a buffet which we again enjoyed.
We upgraded to the executive room which was amazing. We overlooked the golf course and the dressing gown and slippers were a lovely touch.Room was very clean and comfortable and the bed was huge! We both had the best night's sleep.
Hotel itself was beautiful. Grounds looked well kept and very nice for an after dinner stroll.Swimming pool maybe needs updating but dont let that put you off.
Other residents were also very respectful of the hotel and very pleasant.
We absolutely loved every minute of our stay and both agreed it was one of the best hotels we have stayed in . Definitely plan on visiting again.
If your looking for a relaxing break in a first class hotel then this is definitely the place to go.
Thanks to all the staff at five lakes we had one of the best weekends and was definitely the right place for us.
Do not be put off by the few negative reviews, this hotel was nothing short of exceptional and stunning.

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive. Lovely rooms overlooking the golf course. Biggest bed I have ever slept in and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leanne M
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am thrilled that Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes met and exceeded your expectations on this occasion. Naturally we are always delighted to get such positive feedback, particularly about the staff and service and I will ensure this is passed on to the team.

Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this package for my mums birthday, booking it was really easy with the staff and I had no problems.

When we arrived again staff were really helpful and pleasant. Very clean changing rooms, unlimited teas and coffees all day and a sun terrace bit which was open for us to use!

Our package included a lunch which was in the brasserie . Again it was really lovely food and great service.

On to our treatments, We had two really nice beauticians/therapists very professional and asked us what we wanted in regards with our treatments! I was so relaxed I drifted off half way through the facial! Water was provided all the way through in between treatments if I wanted it. All of our products were written down for us so we knew what was used for purchase after.

Overall I was really impressed with the facilities and staff. I would definitely go there again even for a long weekend as there are so many things to do.

Thanks for making my mums birthday so special!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Your feedback is truly appreciated and I am happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your Mum’s birthday.

I am so pleased that you found so many positive elements that made your visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes such a special memorable occasion.

We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I don't want to be too negative about this hotel but if you're travelling with family then this is probably not the place for you. Travelled with friends and our toddlers, this place didn't suit our needs. It feels as though it's in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. We felt things were overpriced (food/drink/services) and it's target market appear to be men (all the sports channels) and sports widows who wish to be pampered. There was a wedding party while we were there and through no fault of theirs it felt like they had the run of the place; wedding guests in the bar area, pool/spa, terrace, golf course- everywhere! (We felt like gate crashers).
We had a three course buffet dinner on our first night (not worth £25 each) and our friends were unhappy with the breakfast. The staff in the restaurant were helpful but in the sports bar there was a young lady who was quite curt and miserable.
Our room was satisfactory, definitely nothing special (although air con was magnificent), bathroom was dated and felt grubby. Bedding and towels had holes and stains on them.
Overall I was extremely disappointed with my stay here, but I think couples or stag/hen parties may like it.

Room Tip: Away from A/C noise
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes and your constructive comments are appreciated.

I am sorry that the hotel did not meet the needs of your family, despite the variety of facilities we have available throughout the hotel. Our Resort is a very popular destination for a wide variety of guests and I am sorry that you found some areas somewhat busy.

I note your dining experience was not entirely the one you had hoped for and your feedback has been highlighted to the Restaurant Manager and our Food & Beverage Manager and similarly, your comments regarding the unusual lapse in our housekeeping standards have been passed to our Executive Housekeeper - please accept my apologies in this respect.

Thank you for your thoughts on your recent visit and we do hope that you might take the opportunity to return at some other time in the not too distant future.

Bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here at the weekend for my mums birthday, Experienced a few problems trying to contact the hotel prior to our arrival, but all of the front of house staff made up for this, Richard on reception was brilliant and made check in and check out very smooth. Joe Smith served us for Sunday lunch and also breakfast and made our time in the restaurant very enjoyable,
Had a few problems with the TV in the room and our tap in the bathroom but these issues were both sorted immediately.
Stunning hotel in a stunning setting, will definitely be back soon when Catch 22 has been re opened following the refurb.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room so you get to have good views of the grounds
      Rooms
1 Thank 993Blueeyes993
I am delighted to receive your review of your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes and pleased that your weekend was so enjoyable.

It was very kind of you to name Richard and Joey; whose professionalistm impressed you and I can assure you that both Richard and Joey will be very proud to read your comments – thank you.

We look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully when the new restaurant The Grill Room is launched and details of the launch will be available on our website as well as other mediums in the near future.

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were there for a family birthday golf break in July. We didn't know it was such a party venue for hens on a Saturday night, and I truly wish we had missed that! Other than that, rooms were good, if a little warm, Lakes course was lovely, food was fine, bar is pleasant. Brasserie is to be avoided on Saturday, far too loud, but the a la carte menu is good. We had a medical emergency in the party, and the staff were very attentive. We decided we would go back for a golf break, just not on a Saturday!

Room Tip: The village rooms are fresh, try to get upstairs so you can have your windows open over night for ai...
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes is an extensive Resort and has a variety of facilities for all guests needs and I am glad that overall your visit was an enjoyable one.

I was pleased to read that our team members were able to assist positively during the medical incident that occurred during your stay.

Looking forward to seeing you again sometime in the future and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes as your destination hotel.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Thank you to Andreas and Vicky especially for being so helpful and professional when my mum fell ill - your speedy and calm response really helped during a difficult time. It was much appreciated, thank you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I am sorry to hear that your mum’s visit to Five Lakes was cut short due to her becoming unwell.

However, I was very pleased to read that our team members - Andreas and Vicky responded to this situation and offered their assistance at a very stressful time for you. You can be sure that I shall pass your thanks to them personally.

Meanwhile, I do hope that your mum is feeling a lot better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolleshunt Knights
#1 of 1 in Wivenhoe
Holiday Inn Colchester
Holiday Inn Colchester
#1 of 1 in Eight Ash Green

Been to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes? Share your experiences!