Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 3rd August. Had a spa package booked. All was really good. Room was fantastic as we had a exec suite. My partner proposed to me on the night we stayed & hotel went out if their way to make the evening special for us. Can't thank them enough. Will deff be going back again :)

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Carol W
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent engagement and I wish both you and your partner all the very best for the future.

I was so happy to read that my staff were also involved in ensuring that this most special of evenings was memorable for you both.

I do hope you will return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the not too distant future.

With kind regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,666)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good nights sleep, very nice food, helpful professional friendly staff. Lovely pool with Jacuzzi, Steam room and Sauna. Quite countryside location very relaxing and quiet, treatments were wonderful a very enjoyable spa weekend, very good value on a Lazy Sunday.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Your five star review is most appreciated and thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on Trip Advisor and thank you also for positively mentioning our helpful, friendly team members.

I am most pleased to read that all elements of your stay were enjoyable and that you had a lovely weekend. Thank you again for your review and hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We visited as it was our anniversary. We found the hotel stylish and exceptionally clean and the rooms very comfortable. The staff were always very polite and helpful. We had dinner in Catch 22 and was served by Andreas, who was very attentive and made us feel very comfortable. The food was lovely but the portions a little on the small side. The spa was good, you will need to book any treatments in advance as they were fully booked when we arrived, but then we did book last minute. We stayed in a Queen room. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

May I first of all congratulate you on your anniversary although belatedly and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes as your hotel destination to celebrate this occasion..

It is good to read that the service you received from our team members was helpful and polite and I am particularly proud to read your comments regarding Andreas whilst dining in Catch 22. Your comment regarding food portions is noted and will be shared with our Food & Beverage Manager .

Spa treatments at the hotel do tend to get booked up very much in advance and yes , it is always advisable to confirm spa treatments in advance of arrival to avoid any disappointment.

It is super to read that you would return and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

good pool, lovely room, clean, spacious, reasonable, 87 for two b n b .food good for breakfast dinner was expensive for what it was, 25 ea Chinese buffet.. mediocre at best..
staff helpful.. quiet country location youd need a car ..ten miles from Colchester ..I can imagine its full of chavs for weddings etc.. I didn't like the reps there to play golf .i was horrified when one asked me if I played golf.. overall very good.. get a cheap deal online. sauna wasn't working when I was there tho. lifeguard was helpful.. nice little Jacuzzi. .linen fine, all spotlessly clean, we stayed in village rooms, i.e annexe.. looks like mini housing estate! usual nice toiletries in bathroom..id recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IanICullen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to contribute your thoughts on Trip Advisor following your visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes. We value your comments as they help us understand the guest experience and your feedback offers a little snapshot of your visit.

I am very pleased that you would recommend the hotel to others and perhaps therefore, we can look forward to the occasion when you return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent weekend and mini spa break! I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing and memorable weekend!
Jamie the director of sales was a wonderful host and will definaltly be returning again! Thank you five lakes!!!

• Stayed: August 2014

It is most kind of you to take the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes.

I am really so pleased that your stay was relaxing and memorable and Jamie, our Director of Sales will be delighted to hear that he made such a positive impression upon you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I booked the deluxe package for myself and partner which consisted of lunch, dinner, breakfast, overnight stay and full body massage. We had a really great time, all the staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The place was quiet as a wedding party had booked out the hotel and cancelled which meant we avoided some of the other issues mentioned in other reviews, noise etc. Facilities were great, grounds are beautiful, the room was fantastic and the food perfect. We asked to eat in the catch 22 restaurant instead of the main restaurant in the evening as it looked more romantic so the staff transferred our booking and allowance, we paid a little extra as we both had the fillet steak on the bone, my mouth is watering thinking about it. No issues with the wifi, got good signal all throughout the hotel. The massage was fantastic, both me and the mrs dropped off as it was so relaxing, I was impressed at how professional it was. All in all a really relaxing stay and we would definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes as your preferred hotel destination and I am really delighted that your stay was so enjoyable.

I am glad that you found your accommodation well appointed and your dining experience was excellent, having transferred into Catch 22.

Our Head Chef will be so proud to read your feedback and comments like yours, make it all worthwhile. I am further pleased that both your spa treatments were so fantastic and relaxing that you had a little nap ! Thank you for also commenting so positively on our team members, who work tirelessly in ensuring all guests have a memorable visit.

I do hope that you will return to enjoy the experience on another occasion. Thank you again for your lovely feedback.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We chose this hotel in an area we had not visited before. What a find! The facilities are varied and interesting - Golf, tennis, swimming, snooker etc. with a spa for the less energetic. Our room was spacious, clean, and well provided as one would expect. It was a hot day, and warm in the evening, but the air conditioning was first class and noiseless, both in the public areas and in our room. We stayed on a b&b tariff, and I could not fault the breakfast. Service was excellent both checking in and out, and in the dining room. The staff were cheerful but efficient. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for awarding the hotel five stars, following your visit to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes. The hotel boasts many facilities for our guests’ enjoyment and I do hope that you took advantage of them during your stay.

It is clear to me from your review that you had a most enjoyable visit and I appreciate your positivity regarding your accommodation, the hotel itself and your dining experience. Checking in and checking out should be a seamless affair and with attentive happy staff and I am glad this was true for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester – Five Lakes in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolleshunt Knights
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
Pontlands Park
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow

Been to Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes? Share your experiences!