We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights starting on the Saturday night. We arrived around 4 pm and tried to book a table in the main restaurant but no tables were available until 9.30pm! Instead we ate in the bar from the limited food menu. It was quite good but a little on the expensive side. We booked a table in the restaurant for Sunday evening. You could choose from the menu or a 3 course buffet option for £24.95. We opted for the buffet. The salad starter bar was very good but the main meal choices were uninspiring (cottage pie, hunters chicken or fish) with a poor selection of vegetables. The dessert selection was OK but a bit limited in choice. It was not worth £24.95.
We stayed in a club executive room which included access to the club lounge where you could get complimentary hot and soft drinks all day and wine and beer between 6pm and 8pm. It also included a light breakfast. The hot drinks machine was out of order for the entire length of our stay and you had to go to the bar to request hot drinks. The breakfast consisted of cereals, pastries and chunks of fresh fruit. This would have been nice if it had been maintained and replenished. Every day we had to asked for milk for the cereal and other items had run out such as cutlery, fruit juice and pastries. Dirty dishes and empty cereal packets were left around the room. Certainly did not feel like an executive experience.
In general, we had a nice spacious comfortable room. The hotel has plenty of parking and the reception staff were very welcoming. It is a shame that the restaurant and club lounge were so disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Lakes Hotel, Golf, Country Club and Spa is a 4 star hotel offering some of the finest and most extensive health, leisure and sports facilities in the area. Set in 320 acres the 194 en-suite bedrooms overlook the attractive countryside and each is spacious and comfortably furnished. There is a choice of restaurants and bars. Leisure facilities include a luxury spa, indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and well-equipped gym. Golfers will enjoy the two 18-hole courses. Only an hour from London, and Stansted Airport, the hotel is ideal for both business and leisure guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes Hotel Tolleshunt Knights
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester 5 Lakes
- Five Lakes Hotel Country
- Five Lakes Resort Country
- Five Lakes Hotel Essex
- Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes Essex/Tolleshunt Knights