“Overnight stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Waltham Abbey
London, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The check in process was straight forward, we didnt pay for parking and staff were more than accommodating.
We stayed here after attending a wedding close by and have to say its one of the most comfortable beds Ive slept in second to my own! Our room was clean, very comfortable and breakfast the following day was plentiful - full English, cereal and fruit.
The only negative and reason why I wouldn't give a 5* is the constant slamming of doors come morning - the doors have stays on them but they don't work so doors close very quickly once the person lets go. Nonetheless, I would definitely stay again if my travels took me that way

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for a ground floor room. The building is 2 storeys high and there i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yvonne632
WalthamAbbeyMarriott, Director of Sales at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Yvonne632

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Waltham Abbey Marriott in the very near future.

Have a brilliant day.

Yours sincerely
Caroline Jenkins
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
hu10 6as
Reviewed 12 June 2014

this is a hotel i have stayed in quite a few times ,it is convenient for a stay, next to stansted airport but why charge £4.00 for a nights parking,the hotel does not have a lift, so if you are on the second floor then you have to walk miles to your room,the staff need training how to smile,and enjoy the tire customers who have travelled miles in cars or planes and all they need is to get booked in.If i had to pay the bill i would not book there again .the one positive about the place was the marriott bed .still a great sleep.

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WalthamAbbeyMarriott, Director of Sales at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear bizzyinn
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the Marriott Bed. I am pleased you had a great night sleep.
We do offer a number of accommodation rates that include car parking within the price, residents are encouraged to report to the Hotel reception where our team will clarify this for you. Unfortunately, we do not have a lift in the hotel as our rooms are only across the ground floor and the first floor however we will always accommodate a request should you wish to be closer to the reception.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.
Yours sincerely

Caroline Jenkins
Director of Sales
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a nice place but you absolutely need a car. It is only 15 mins drive from Stansted airport but the cab charge will be at least 40 pounds and public transport is tedious and expensive. They say it is only 7 miles to a tube station but I can't see it being very easy to get there.
Luckily I had a car. Still the trip to central London is quite long. I would not recommend this place for a tourist to London.
The hotel itself has nice rooms, a spa that looked good though I did not use it, typical coffee, tea and ironing facilities in each room. Comfortable beds and a good bathroom.
Make sure you check out your car from the car park. This is done by the reception. The rate is quite cheap, on some days it is free I believe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel countless times as I find it clean, comfortable and an ideal base for trips into London. The hotel is only a short drive (approx 7 miles) to Loughton tube station. It provides great access to the city without the hefty London hotel price tag. The pool and sauna area are a great facility to use at the hotel. Providing much needed relaxation after a day pounding the streets in the big city.
I have never actually eaten dinner at the hotel but if the huge, tasty breakfast selection is anything to go by .., I'm sure it will be absolutely delicious. If the menu is not to your fancy then there's plenty of choice in Loughton itself.
My only criticism of the hotel is that they charge to use their car park. Which I see as a bit of a cheek seeing as I'm a paying guest. I appreciate that the car park is used by business visitors to the hotel, in which case the cost is justified. But I think that overnight guests could be given some concession. I'm sure this is something the hotel will address to avoid deterring custom.

• Stayed December 2013
essex
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Could not fault the staff but the food and ambience of the restaurant was seriously lacking. Special requests were not delivered, poor quality dishes etc. Waited 20 minutes to be served at the bar due to another function taking place so poorly managed by senior staff.

• Stayed April 2014
s_clifford_banks, Manager at Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel following your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that you felt the service and food quality were not up to standard. Whilst ts is disappointing to hear I do appreciate your comments as they help us to address areas where we can improve.
We share and discuss all our feedback with the hotel team on a regular basis and as such I have already discussed your experience with my Restaurant and Bars Manager who will address this directly with his team.

Once again please accept my apologies, I do hope this experience has not put you off returning to the hotel in the future. If you are planning a return please do let me know in advance so I or one of my management team can welcome you personally.
Kind regards,

Seth Clifford-Banks
Director of Operations
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times for my employers Christmas party. There are great facilities available including a small gym and a nice swimming pool with sauna and jacuzzi available. The cuisine is of a good standard, especially the breakfast which offers ab excellent range of anything you would like. The rooms are extremely comfortable and well kept. Located just off of the M25 so is fairly reachable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a great location after a wonderful few hours at the Lee Valley water park! The hotel was comfortable, staff very helpful and food really good! The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had! The chef made your eggs to order and most efficiently! Omelettes to order as well! It was quite a long walk to. Our room but we were pleased after a big meal! This may have been a problem for guests with limited mobility! Thank you Marriott we will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
De Vere Theobalds Estate
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel

Been to Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!