without a showdown of a doubt possibly the worst stay in a hotel we have ever had. Arrived 15 July room was already 25 degrees according to the in room temp gauge. No air conditioning, just a cheap and nasty fan. Went for an evening meal, service and waiting time totally unbelievable, over an hour for the most simplest of meals. Both my wife and I felt ill through the night, mainly due to heat, we stayed 4 more days, it didn't get any better, the day we left the room was up to 28 degree's. Had to spend most evenings outside in the car park, just to stay cool. Interestingly the manager appears to drive an extremely expensive Porsche, perhaps that's where the air conditioning money went. I would whole heartedly NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. Breakfast was a farce, always running out of food, coffee was nothing more than warm water. Not enough staff who worked hard and to the best of their ability under trying conditions. But not acceptable in todays climate. In total, a totally horrible stay. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL if you want a good night. I suspect Lenny Henry has never stayed here!!!!!!!!!!! And not eve cheap cost us over £ 300. I am sending a letter to the CEO for the arduous conditions we have just had to endure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the natural wonders of Gunpowder Park and Waltham Abbey Gardens, with easy links to London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Waltham Abbey Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Waltham Abbey Hotel Waltham Abbey
- Premier Inn Waltham Abbey Hotel Essex