“Karting”
Review of Lakeside Karting

Lakeside Karting
More attraction details
Owner description: 900 metres long... ten challenging corners... three full blast straights... two daunting hairpins... it all adds up to one of the fastest, most demanding kart circuits in the country. In a twin-engined Prokart, you'll be sitting an inch off the ground and hitting speeds of 60-70mph - definitely one of the most sensational experiences on four wheels
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Karting”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

i had a really good time with my younger brother and my parents, friends and family at Lakeside karting. It was very well organized and they staff were really helpful through out the session. We had a fun time going against public and people I know and would love to come again. At Lakeside karting there is always a bond with t e staff and customers and they give you the best time possible. Cant wait for next time !

Upminster, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great Racing Fun, highly recommended visit!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Superb track, great karts, friendly staff..!! Really enjoy go karting at both Lakeside & Brentwood Tracks.. Got my lap times, ranking and vital stats which makes it competitive! Great Fun... So Go :-)

Essex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Birthday Party for my 11 year old son”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We had never visited before and are very impressed with the service given by the staff on booking and looking after us at the party. Most of the boys had never been karting but they all had a lovely time and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

The only criticism would be that there were some very experienced adult riders on the track during our races. One of our boys was a little unsure and was driving quite slow which inevitably resulted in a collision. Staff handled this very well to ensure the boy was ok and the adult involved was also very kind in his concern of the boy's welfare but perhaps the mix of drivers for our 2 x 20 min race should have been looked at.

The above was all forgotten when the boy's medals were handed out and their smiles and happiness were well worth the money! All the boys want to do it again so expect to see us again very soon.

A great party experience!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Staff need customer care very rude”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Booked on monday a group of 4 to go gocarting looking forward to having fun paid on monday on website not very userfriendly got a phone call from somebody to say that i had to pay a extra 2.50 for insurance
I asked the lady on the phone what is this for she just said see you on saturday come 45 minutes earlier i asked on the website it says 30 minutes she just said bye!!!!
A bit strange
Saturday we all went to lakeside we got to the site a bit late due to local police checking all car number plates
As we got into the reception we were not greeted we waited a lady at the counter then said what the name i then told her my name
She then just said you are late i told her that police were checking cars number plates
She did not even say hello thank you or anything to greet customers she then was speaking to her work coll and said what do you want to do ?

This was very rude and made myself and my collugues very unwelcome she then said go upstairs and have your video show with health and saftey
My self and my coll were very upset with the rudeness of this lady we went upstairs the video and the staff upstairs very helpful after video we were told to go back down
We went back to reception the same lady says to myself you need to pay 2.50 extra ×4 for insurance
I asked the lady what is this for
She says insurance i ask for the insurance cert public liability insurance she then says to me you are wasting time i being the customer have a right to ask
She makes myself and my colluges wait 7 minutes and then come out of the office whick is 3 steps to the left with a copy of the public liability insurance which is out of date
This is a legal requitment and must be displayed for everyone to see the reception lady then gets another colluage to get involved who is more rude it looks like they all dont have any customer care my colluge then says to myself lets get out of here
I ask for a refund and told by the assistant manager who is about 18 years old no refund
I ask for the names of the member of staff who all dont want to give
Other customers shaking there heads with no reaction
This is the worst place to go
Dont go the staff are rude
Or have a problem with foreign people
See the picture

2 Thank hondaman123
Steve W, Operations Director at Lakeside Karting, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear hondaman123,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of Lakeside Karting. We accept and appreciate feedback of every kind - good and bad. Only by customers telling us their honest opinion can we look at the service we provide and make the necessary changes where appropriate.

Firstly, I would like to express my sympathies that you were too late to drive (thank you for your honesty - most people totally deny that they are late!). I have no doubt that you were all very much looking forward to your experience, and it must have been a real anti-climax. I do understand and sympathise with the frustrations of being held up for a pre-booked event, whatever the reason, however, at weekends in particular, we are often very busy and run back-to-back sessions with just a 5 minute window for changeover (this is something we have been doing very successfully for over 15 years now). If people turn up late, unfortunately, there is often very little we can do about it other than to try our very best to move them to a later session. But this is not always possible.

Having said all this, it appear that on the day we did our very best to get you on your session. Our aim is ensure every customer goes away having had a fantastic experience. I have checked on the CCTV footage and can see that you arrived 32 minutes late for your session. The girls did their very best to rush you through so that you didn't miss your session, but it appears that you didn't share their sense of urgency.

I think it is appropriate to share the email that Sarah sent to you in response to your initial complaint:

Good Afternoon Mr Joshi

We have received your email of complaint and have investigated the issues that you have raised.

Firstly, I would like to inform you that all of our calls are recorded, therefore, I have been able to listen to the conversation between yourself and the member of my sales team. In your email you have said that you asked why you had to be with us 45 minutes before and what the insurance covered, but your questions were met with a blunt bye. After listening to the converstion I can now inform you that this was not the case. When you were told of your arrival time and paying the insurance you did not question why you simply said ok, thanked her and said goodbye.

You arrived at the track 30 minutes late for your session and was greeted by our receptionist with a hello (we have an independent witness who is willing to testify to this).
Yes she did tell you that you were late and in danger of missing all of your session, but she did her best to rush you through the signing in process so this would not happen. The colleague that she spoke to was the Race Director and it is his decision as to whether you are able to drive.

When the briefing had finished and you returned to reception you asked to see the Personal Accident Insurance Policy not the Public Liability Insurance as stated in your email. You had already been made aware that £2.50 would have to be paid on arrival when you were called on Monday and you are also informed of this before making the booking online. We provide this service as peace of mind for all of our customers and must be paid before we can allow you to drive on track. By this time, the session that you were supposed to drive in was ready to start. This is the reason as to why the receptionist was trying to hurry you up by saying that you are wasting your time on track. Although the Personal Accident Insurance certificate had expired you are still provided with the same cover. We are waiting for the new certificate to arrive. At no point did you request to see the Public Liability Certificate.

I have spoken to the supervisors on duty that dealt with yourself and they have both told me that they did provide you with their names and at no point did they refuse to give them. I have also spoken with a customer that was standing behind you and she confirmed there was no refusal from the supervisors. The customer has also offered to be a witness to the all of the above in defence of our staff.

I find your comment about our staff having a problem with customers of other nationalities highly offensive, as we welcome drivers from all over the world, 362 day of the year. I feel that our staff did not deserve this comment to be made towards them. Customer service is something that we take very seriously and pride ourselves on the high level of service that we provide our customers.

Thank you for taking the time to read my reply to your email.

Regards

Many Thanks

Sarah Davis

...I have also listened to the phone call and can confirm that not only were you told that you needed to arrive at the circuit no less than 45 minutes before your track time, but you were the one trying to get Kate off of the phone, rather than the other way around. While we appreciate all feedback, we don't appreciate blatant lies about our staff. I am more than happy for you to come in and listen to the phone call yourself.

The gent you spoke to regarding a refund is Simon, the circuit supervisor, and while he is fortunate to have remained youthful looking, he is actually 26, not "about 18". Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer refunds to people who a) turn up late (especially when it has been made very clear to them that they MUST be on time), and b) who simply decide they no longer want to participate in the event. Much like a concert or flight ticket, once booked, it it non-refundable, as we turn people away from the session. As I have said before, I believe our staff did everything possible to avoid your disappointment.

I would also like to point out that we have won awards for our high level of customer service, and Simon was a finalist in the Outstanding Staff Member 2010 Thurrock Business Awards. First class customer service has always been an ethos that is routed deep in the culture of our company.

I have also taken the time to speak to one of the other customers who were happy to give Sarah their details to testify that the girls on reception were professional at all times. To summarise, she said you were rude and obnoxious.

As for the suggestion that we are racist in some way... to mirror Sarah's comments, not only do we entertain guests from every nationality and corner of the world, we also employ staff from various cultures and ethnic backgrounds.

If you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to listen. Please email me on steve@letsgoactive.co.uk

Kind regards

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great night out”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Truly professional from start to finish. Staff were excellent, karts were evenly matched and the circuit is brilliant. I've driven tracks all around the country and all over France and Lakeside rates among the best.

Visited September 2013