“Premier Inn, East Thurrock”

Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Thurrock
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn, East Thurrock”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Great Service, trouble free check in. Excellent location. Within walking distance of Lakeside Shops and facilities. Near to Train Station and less than an hour from central London by train.
Restaurant facility on site was excellent. Good atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Just spent the night here last night. The staff were brilliant and could not have been better.The room temperature could be easier to control, the pillows were dirty and the noise in the corridor was not what I would expect at 6AM.The breakfast was average. The location was good and was easy access to intel lakeside and more nearby stores. It is good for families. Overall my stay was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rochdale, England
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The restaurant staff were nice, but the food is nothing special - at breakfast, the coffee machine was broken, so they were offering coffee sachets instead.

My dinner table was sticky, and a light was out above the bathroom basin. Lighting in the room was poor, and they charge for overnight Wi-Fi. Their pillows are pretty dismal too - cheap and uncomfortable.

Ok for one night but I wouldn't want to spend a few days here

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wroughtironron
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Premier Inn staff very helpful,lovely!Restaurant food awful,roast carvery cold,had no taste very watery!Staff made no effort to clear the table although they were not busy and had asked us if we wanted more drinks but left empty handed.We had family two nights for dinner both terrible,l suggest if you do eat there have something made to order!Breakfast a joke nobody would eat it looked like it had been there an age, beans had skin on, eggs rock hard! Ordered poached eggs on toast both hard ,how can a chef not know how to cook an egg!!!!My parteners fried egg also cooked to order rock hard again!!!Eat elsewhere not worth the disappointment or money!!!!

Room Tip: don't book a room at the back of the Inn as you will hear the trains in the night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn as we had planned a weekend shopping trip to lakeside. I'm a VERY picky person and read all reviews thoroughly and was expecting the worst (brought a magnifying glass for the "bedbugs" I read about).
We arrived in the evening. I loved the location. It was about a six minute walk for Chafford Hundred train station. And the Sainsbury's near by too!
It looked so cosy and we were given our room card and if we needed anything to just call.
Our room was exceptionally clean. I even went out of my way to find dirt and there was none. The room was spacious. The TV was great (thought I was going to miss strictly) and all round a very very decent stay. The stairs didn't bother me. It was only one floor..

My only issues were:
a) There was no phone to call reception so I had to keep going down for little things
b) The floorboards outside are a bit noisy and we were aware of passers by
c) There was no bath mat. I thought that was quite silly.. When I'm done showering I want to step onto something to dry my feet.

But that's all. I had a very nice stay and would recommend it to anyone for a short visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I would not book my honeymoon here. But that's not what I came to England for, I came for business and this hotel is just about perfect for that besides a few things.
I've stayed in dozens of hotels, never in my life have I been in one that has neither a clock or a telephone inside the room. I thought maybe it was an error but friends spent one night in the hotel with me and their room didn't have one either.
There is no elevator that I could find. Carrying enough luggage to spend ten days in a foreign country, I wasn't prepared to carry it all up the stairs to my room after such a long trip from Canada.
Payment for the whole stay is made on arrival. I've also never experienced that at a hotel so I hadn't stopped at a bank yet or taken out any GBP. It wiped out my foreign currency exchange limit on one of my credit cards for the rest of the trip. Wifi is 3 pound per day or 10 for a week, breakfast is 8,25 each morning. You'll want to pay that up front with your room as well. Less expensive than a lot of places, but if you can't provide a phone at least you could provide free internet.
To be fair, a full 10 days at this hotel was only 750 GBP which is extremely inexpensive.
The breakfast is right across the parking lot in a restaurant, and it's pretty decent buffet food, though there is apparently a huge difference between Canadian and English bacon.
An average hotel will leave a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, a hand soap, and a shower cap in the bathroom for you each day. It works a little differently here. There is a combo soap-shampoo wall dispenser in the shower and a soap wall dispenser next to the sink. There are no individual packages of toiletries. Even the toilet paper is a wall dispenser giving out one sheet at a time. The bathroom was kept very clean though, as was the whole room. Just don't forget to pack your own shampoo and conditioner.
Lots of power outlets which is a MUST when you're on business. The bed was nice and soft. The area is very quiet so you will have an excellent sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Vicky D
Sleaford
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Useful location close to the proximity of the friends visited. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Attached restaurant was clean and service very good. Only had breakfast. Car parking away from hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Horndon-on-the-Hill
Premier Inn Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
#1 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Premier Inn Thurrock East Hotel? Share your experiences!