“Premier Inn sent me an email to ask me to advise”

Premier Inn Thurrock West Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Thurrock
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn sent me an email to ask me to advise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I was surprised to recieve an email from Premier Inn to comment on this hotel. So let's start with the positives - The staff where briiiant they understood my famiies complaints but sadly could not resolve them. The family rooms have beds for the children you would not let a dog sleep on. The springs are visible on the top cover there is no padding of any substance to stop the springs coming through. So the staff gave us extra duvets during the night to pad out. They said the design was due to a take over by Premier in from another brand. The noise levels at night are very high and if you are on the ground floor you get people going round the back of the hotel and smoke outside your window. In fairness Premier Inn did acknowledge their good nights refund but for only one of the terrible nights. The first impression into the hotel is appalling a bit of weeding or litter picking would not go amiss

Room Tip: If you have children - Premier Inns have much better facilities
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank John C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Normal quality PI, used by lots of tradesmen due to it's location.
One of the smallest bar area's I've seen in a PI.
On my 2nd night I was joined by another 3 crews with 3 vans, two of which had them broken into and all there tools stolen....a common thing here according to some staff we spoke to, they do patrol the car park once an hour after the main staff have left!
As the car park was full of mainly vans I do wonder how many were broken into that night.

I have huge door locks and a good alarm but would really now think twice before staying at West Thurrock again

Room Tip: make sure your room faces the car park as you can hear the traffic on the other side
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

We enjoyed our stay very much. It was only a quick stopover. We arrived at 1130pm. Check-in was speedy and easy. Bedroom and bathroom were extremely clean and bed was very comfortable. As breakfast was recommended we stayed to try it and it was lovely. Large selection of food all really good. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

One of the better premier inns I have stayed as now my 4th visit to this one, only about a mile or so from Lakeside and a few more to bluewater. With London 30 mins by train , service good and breakfast excellent with a proper coffee machine. Only downside is the bathroom fan stays on forever , not good at 3 in the morning

• Stayed November 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

When you arrive to the hotel you feel like you are still in the round about with the heavy traffic roaring around you, but we still enjoyed our stay. The room we got was very nice and had lots of space including a tub in the bathroom. Lots of hot water to spoil yourself with in the bath.

First night was to hot, tried to open the window but then the traffic made it difficult to sleep. I called the reception very angry at midnight. To my amazement they told my they would have someone to come and give us a fan, they did this and the fan helped. Very nice handling for a low price chain.

Breakfast was very good and dining there in the evening was great good food, nice child menu and nice staff.

During my stay I discovered I had to charge my lap top, as I had no adapter I asked reception if I could buy one. They were all sold out, but an older guy in reception said he would look in the lost and found box in the reception and if he found an adapter he would come to my room. Ten minutues later there is a knock on the door and there he is with an adaptor for me to use during the afternoon. That was a five star comittment to me as a guest, so fantastic staff they have.

You need a car at this place, we used it to go to the parking at rail station Chafford Hundred with frequent trains (30 min to London) into Fenchurch street station a stone throw away from the Tower of London. Travel after 1000 Hrs and parking at the station and the family combo train and london day card ticket will be much cheaper.

If you have a car and want to see London for a fair price this can be highly recommended. I felt this chain gave me more than Travelodge, although sligtly more expensive I felt it worth the money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank A swedish family
folkestone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

we arrived late, but were accommodated almost immediately for dinner even tho we had not booked. After a lovely meal of stew and dumplings, retired to a gorgeously comforting and resting night...even watched some tv in the bath..
Easy access to the M25 and A13 to central London...id stay there again easy!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank gogirluk
reading
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I've stayed here many times and thought it was about time to write a review after my visit last week. Staff are unfailingly helpful and friendly. On this occasion they helped with directions, scissor loan and photocopying. They are very cheerful and pleasant. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The hotel is slap bang on off a roundabout and when I arrive I dare not drive off anywhere as I do find it confusing to find again. There is a restaurant and meals are usually very good - though this time I found my meal a bit dry and disappointing. Overall it seems to best hotel in the area, although my sat nav consistently fails to find it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Campanile Dartford
Campanile Dartford
#7 of 7 in Dartford
Premier Inn London Rainham Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Thurrock West Hotel? Share your experiences!