“Disappointing................... & no Parking!!!!”
Review of The Trinity Hotel

The Trinity Hotel
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Very close to Cliffs Pavillion Theatre so if they have a show on you will find it a absolute NIGHTMARE to find parking. So i would check whats on before booking. The b&b have 6 rooms and there is one b&b next door and one at the end of the street.
The owners were welcoming at the start but their level of friendliness seemed to go up and down like a yo-yo.

I felt cold and asked for a heater to which they replied 'are you cold'........!?!? The lady did offer a portable but, did not get it in the end as her partner thought it was unnecessary and he would turn the heating up. This helped a little but i would have still preferred the heater.

Breakfast was good but you have no choice of bread, you get seeded thats it!!

The room was not very clean and the kettle was FILTHY (see pics). There is absolutley no excuses for this. The carpet and rug were not very clean either. The room is definately in need of a refurb.

My Overall experience was this is an average b&b. I would probably stay here again if i could ot get a room elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try Elsewhere first!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Revelatio00x
alancmartin, Owner at The Trinity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

A shame that this customer felt the need to take a kettle apart to find the filter partially scaled.
In a hard water area such as this this is not unusual. A shame, too, that he chose to criticise our hospitality/friendliness. Perhaps the fact that his car broke down earlier in the day had not contriibuted to his demeanour. He failed to mention that this 'yo-yo' attitude included my taking him to where his breakdown occurred to meet the AA man...no charge. As per other Trip Advisor comments, we always try our best to please our guests, with success.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I recently stayed at The Trinity Hotel for one night. On my arrival I was immediately made to feel very welcome. My single room was at the top of the house; warm and cosy. The curtains had already been pulled closed and the bedside lamp was on; I felt expected. The breakfast was really very good with a choice of fruit and/or cereal to start, followed by a fab cooked breakfast. When I came to leave, I was handed 3 home cooked banana muffins to take with me, straight from the oven! I would definitely stay there again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 31 August 2011

....... Due to the hospitality of the most sweetest couple your ever likely to meet in this trade, We were never to feel as comfortable in a hotel situation as we'd done here, the service was impeccable,the rooms were so nice comfortable, and even though we had booked a certain room we were still given the option of taking any that we may have preferred, Jill's lovely touch of leaving unrequested tulips glasses for our Champagne and a homemade baked cake, for the actual Anniversary day, And Jill's breakfast is sooo understated, it's to die for ... lol, just the way they seem to know what we in the hotel are going to want to eat, anyway we loved the personal touches that were on offer, like when we forgot to collect our entry codes to gain entry to the hotel late at night, Alan drove all the way over to the restaurant where we were eating just to give us the code, these were the little thing's that made it sooo special, we also enjoyed the fact all the places to see were all so very close,If i were to say what it was we didn't like it would of been it wasn't long enough a stay, ..... We really loved the way we was treated and only hope we can return again and again ...... Michael and Tracey .... stayed 22/05/22011

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swarve247
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at the Trinity Saturday August Bank holiday weekend, along with 4 other members of our family as we were attending a family christening.
Our hosts Alan and Jill were very welcoming, warm and friendly, making you feel at home and not as if you were in a hotel. The rooms were spotless modern and very well decorated beds were very comfy, great shower, not just a dribble as experienced in other hotels, luxury without the price.
My wife and her sister were overwhelmed by Trinity’s famous homemade granola at breakfast and it really did live up to its reputation, along with the home made preserves that were also on offer. The whole breakfast experience was a delight, excellently cooked and very well presented.
Parking bit of a problem, but The Westcliff just up road has same problem, and costs much more to stay there, and not as welcoming or homely.
We enjoyed our stay with Alan & Jill immensely, and will certainly be staying with them again when visiting our family in Southend.
We would certainly recommend the Trinity Hotel to anyone else needing a comfortable room for the night. 11 out of 10 from us
Martin & Laine

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mart5069
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed at the Trinity Hotel this weekend and had the most fantastic time.

Alan and Jill, the hotel owners, made us feel so welcome from the minute we walked through the door. We were a group of 12 girls and Alan and Jill helped us to plan a fantastic weekend in Westcliff and their hospitality went far beyond what we ever could have expected.

Our room was gorgeous and there were so many personal touches which made the stay even more enjoyable ranging from yummy strawberry cupcakes in the room to the books and magazines by the bed.

Breakfast was amazing especially the homemade granola and the scrambled eggs.

We will definitely return to this fab hotel and recommend that you go and stay there as well!

Room Tip: Ask for room 6!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PrincessSunshine22
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed on the strength of the good reviews but there are some things that puzzled me on my short stay. I could not park anywhere near the Hotel - it took me over half an hour to locate a place and this needs addressing in the info with some suggestions as to where to go. Also, I had a very small and cramped room when there were clearly other rooms empty which normally a B and B would have put you in. I notice another reviewer experienced the same so maybe this needs addressing as if you put your customers in your best rooms they will return but if people perceive they are being given a lesser room when better are free they may well not. I was surprised also that in the morning I saw a nice Lounge I could have gone and sat in to watch TV but no-one told me about it!
The Breakfast room is nice and breakfast was good, cooked by the owner who clearly works hard keeping the Hotel to such a good standard with everything very clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Hilary B
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My partner and I were attending a wedding in Shoebury so needed somewhere to stay for just one night. Found the Trinity quite by chance and we're very glad we did.
Lovely welcome from Jill- not overbearing or fussy. Our room was lovely- we paid a little extra for the room at the top, room 6, and it was clean & beautifully done. Complimentary water, tea and coffee in the room, fresh flowers, great magazines; all very nice touches.
Parking is a pain and we actually got a ticket so be warned.
Breakfast was great- not your standard fry-up by any means!
The living room, which we didn't sit in but looked around, was welcoming and stylish with lots of lovely 'stuff'.
Jill recommended a local place overlooking the bowling green for food and, when we checked it out, it was fabulous. Called 'La Petite Petanque', it's a gloriously shabby chic affair with mismatched cups and saucers, antique furnishings and gorgeous homemade cakes, served in a wisteria-covered pavilion opening onto the bowling green, complete with v competitive game going on in the sunshine. Really idyllic and highly recommended.
All in all, a really outstanding stay in a place that is trying, and succeeding, to offer something
stylish and special. Don't waste your money on a Premier Inn or Hilton room when you can stay at the Trinity.

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
#2 of 26 in Southend-on-Sea
Beaches Guest House
Beaches Guest House
#4 of 26 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to The Trinity Hotel? Share your experiences!