“Felt so much at home that I nearly forgot to pay”
Review of The Trinity Hotel

The Trinity Hotel
Edinburgh
“Felt so much at home that I nearly forgot to pay”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

All the important things are in place in this B&B. I was looking for a clean, comfortable room with a good breakfast at a reasonable price. The Trinity offered all this, and more. The breakfast was excellent and cooked to order. You could have any combination of cooked breakfast but there was also fruit juice, granola, yoghurts, toast and a selection of fresh fruit. Breakfast was served at a large table next to the kitchen area. If you are travelling as a family or a couple you might find this to be a disadvantage but, as I was on my own, I was more than happy sharing. Plenty of reading material in the breakfast area, too!

My room was a single (number 5). It was small but it had everything I needed - kettle, hairdryer, television, radio, easy chair, upright chair, table, free bottled water, bedside light, sufficient hangers, efficient radiator, and, most importantly, a very comfortable bed. There was even a book by my bed for me to read, which added to the cosy feel of the room. The ensuite facilities were quite spacious for a small room. I slept like a log which doesn't usually happen when I am in a strange bed. It was very quiet, in spite of wild weather both nights I was there.

The Trinity is situated just round the corner from the Cliffs Pavilion so is an excellent place to stay after going to a show. It is also within walking distance of both Westcliff and Southend Central Railway Stations.

Alan and Jill, the owners, were very welcoming. By the time I came to leave, I was feeling so relaxed that I had to remind myself that I wasn't actually staying with friends; there was a bill to pay. I definitely hope to stay at the Trinity next time I am visiting the area.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Dodiegale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
leicester
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here at the end of September as we had to go to a wedding in the area. We had never stayed in this part of Essex before and normally stay in hotels when we are away. As the choice of hotels didnt seem too brilliant we opted for the Trinity Hotel ( which is actually a B and B rather than a hotel). We had a Premier room , which for £75 ( including breakfast)represented excellent value. The rooms were clean, the bedding was clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable. As other contributors have said the breakfast was very good indeed. Homemade jam etc, everything freshly cooked. This is how English breakfasts ought to be ( and unfortunately rarely are). Parking might be a slight problem at peak times but we were there over a Saturday night and didnt find it too difficult. So when you re in this area dont bother with the chain hotels try this place instead, you wont regret it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chunky1950
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Have just returned from staying at the Trinity we have had a brilliant time. The Hotel is fantastic and the rooms are excellent especially room 1 which happens to be my favorite we just wish we could have stayed longer. Breakfast is delicious and the home made muffins we had this morning were the best i have ever tasted. Alan and Jill are wonderful hosts and we hope to be back real soon. Hopefully there will be another show at the Cliffs then we can stay again and have the wonderful breakfast. Thank u Alan and Jill for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We had a wonderful stay at The Trinty. Alan and Jill do an excellent job. The location is great for a lovely walk along the seafront and into Old Leigh. The guest house is beautifully decorated and our room was warm, spotless and classy. Breakfast was superb with lots of lovely choices.We left feeling refreshed and spoilt. We will definitely be back for another stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a six room bed and breakfast run by a very polite and friendly couple. Though it's called a hotel, you really feel like you're actually staying at someone's house, it's very homely here. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and they make a mean English brekkie in the morning for you! I paid £45 for a night in a single room, very reasonable I thought. Free bottled water in the fridge, too.

It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the pier/town centre, take the walk along the seafront, it's very scenic!

Overall my stay was very pleasant, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan T
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

A great find if you are visiting Southend Area. Right next to the Pavillion - 15 minute walk into Southend Town Centre along the front and about 45 the other way into Old Leigh. Paid £10 more for a larger room - which had very comfortable double bed, small sofa/dressing area and a ensuite shower room - good sized cubicle with powerful shower. Jill the owner couldnt do enough to make our stay comfortable - the breakfast was fantastic with gorgous homemade granola, fresh berries - blackberries, raspberries and strawberries, followed by either full english breakfast or muffin with bacon mushrooms, rocket etc on top - all cooked freshly to order. You sit in the kitchen on two large tables so you may have to share with other couples - but this is nice and friendly! There was also banana muffins straight from the oven - delicious! The room itself, if I were to be highly critical could do with a lick of paint but it was overall very clean and the owners have lovely taste in furniture - very modern (quite Habitat ie). Tea Coffee and water provided in the rooms and flat screen tv with ipod dock a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again if visiting this area. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 1 or Room 6 (nice sized doubles)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank royaltiger66
London
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Just returned from a two night stay here with a friend. We had a lovely large room with seating area at the top of the house. Nice clean shower room with good shower. Nice big tv and ipod dock, as well a magazine rack full of reading material. Fridge in hallway stocked with free bottles of mineral water which was very welcome. Alan and Jill were very pleasant and made our stay comfortable and gave us good advice on where to visit etc. The breakfast is as good as the other reviews state- try the granola and the mushrooms on toast.
Parking was a bit tricky, worsened by the fact we arrived on a bank holiday and there was a beer festival taking place at the Cliffs Pavilion. However, we did find a space in a neighbouring road so don't be put off. All in all, this is likely to be the best place to stay in the area. The hotel is clean, modern, welcoming and excellent value for money.
I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Room 6 is dubbed the 'penthouse'. Has a nice chaise lounge perfect watching tv.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
#2 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
#5 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Travelodge Southend on Sea
Travelodge Southend on Sea
#14 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to The Trinity Hotel? Share your experiences!