“A lovely relaxing stay at The Pavilion”
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Pavilion Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely relaxing stay at The Pavilion”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at The Pavilion for 10 days in July with a friend. The stay was really lovely as were the staff. In the end I was almost sorry to leave!
Upon arriving I found myself greeted by smiles from the very first person I met, a sweet lady called Georgina. She was extremely hospitable and at once made me feel at home.
Entering the room, it was clean and cosy, just what I would expect from a seaside B&B. The bathroom was very clean.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done.
Now I come to the best part of my stay... the breakfast!! I can quite honestly say that Georginas fry-up puts other more pricey hotels to shame. Without a doubt, the tastiest fry up I have ever had.
All in all, I had a relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable stay and the staff at the pavilion did all they could to make sure of this. I will most certainly be visiting again and I very much look forward to it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lorraine M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We booked into this hotel at short notice as the venue of my stepson's wedding had changed at short notice. We were really surprised this was available and I double checked everything with the Portuguese sounding lady who answered the phone - yes, they definately had a en-suite double room for the night - I ensured she had my name and I provided my phone number. When we arrived the main door was closed. I eventually resorted to getting on my hands and knees and calling through the letterbox! A man appeared from down the road, dressed in overalls covered in paint, asking what I wanted. I said we were booked - he unlocked the door and checked the register. He asked if I was Susan - I said I wasn't - he asked if I was sure I wasn't Susan. My partner was waiting on double yellow lines, further down the road with steam coming out of his ears by this stage. It transpired that his mother had taken my call - assuring me that all would be well, when I get the impression that this is a common practice from her! There was double en-suite. As we had only 1 hour left before the start of the wedding, we were forced to stay in the mankiest (no other description can conjure up the image I have), double room in the whole of Westcliff! I could truly type for hours on the state of this place but to keep it short, please do not stay there! The woman is con merchant of the highest order!

Room Tip: No two things in the rooms matched - tea bags were in an ice cream tub!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Janice M

Travellers are raving about these Westcliff-on-Sea hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Although the British seaside has not enjoyed the best of weather this year and the one we chose for a weekend in Southend was a little chilly, our stay at the Pavilion Hotel was very pleasant and enjoyable, certainly making up for the lack of sun. The hotel is a very friendly place and we were made extremely welcome by the owners. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the english breakfast was delicious. I must say its very nice to find a B&B so full of traditional seaside charm.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AJTLondon501
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We booked into this Hotel going on the website photos of basic but OK rooms albiet overpriced at £60 per room a night hoping for a nice short stay. Although we paid for a 2 star accomodation at the Pavilion on arrival we were led to Georges Guest House a few doors along; George is the son of the lady who runs the Pavilion, and this was like taking a trip back in time but not a pleasant one. The best thing that can be said was that the rooms were clean. The en-suite was a not too generous add on to the room with a flimsy broken pull across door, the furniture was a mix of 50's (maybe 40's) wardrobe and side tables, a very uncomfortable bed and the most miss matched bed linen and towels you could imagine. Next morning after a poor nights rest breakfast was eventually served back at the Pavilion where we heard from one of the long term guests that often Georges was used for DSS, homeless etc. . We were at the least misled about the accommodation and certainly paid well over the odds for the extremely basic room we had and if we had time we would have gone elsewhere, unfortunately my partner was asked to pay upfront and now we know why. My partner was almost in tears.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenco64
bedfordshire
Reviewed 19 September 2011

After reading the not so good reviews below we were a bit dubious about staying here, however we then saw the good reviews, and are very glad we decided to stay at the family run Pavilion hotel. After arriving late due to car trouble, we were very warmly welcomed by the staff Georgina and George. They instantly made us feel very welcome and were very accomadating. We booked a family room (which was actually at Georges guest house 2doors up) as we had my toddling son with us. We found the room very spacious (plenty of room for a travel cot) clean and comfortable. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, George even brought up a microwave for us to use in our room! Breakfast was served in the Pavilion hotel between 7-9, and was lovely and the atmosphere was good too. All the guest's seemed happy and the staff were lovely. We would definately stay there again and would recommened this place to our friends and family.
Thank you to all the staff at the Pavilion and Georges guest house. We'll see you again soon. Dave Nemi & Jj

Room Tip: Family rooms were very big with ensuite shower room and toilet, 1 double bed, 1 single bed, furnitur...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank nemi_nemo-x-
england
Reviewed 4 February 2011

i booked the hotel over the phone after viewing the hotel on the internet and then i read the poor reviews and was worried that i had made a big mistake as we were going to a funeral and we did not need any confrontation as we had a hard day ahead of us , but how wrong the reviews were , the hotel is basic and clean which was what we needed and when we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the old lay as the reviews put it but we called her angelina . we stayed for two days and the room was clean and tidy , breakfast was good and the conversation with the other guests was good as most hotels we have stayed in no one speaks , but overall i would stay again and as i have said before we were made welcome and you cant ask for anything more thanks anjelina .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lfcsmonkey
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I visited Southend for a short break during the summer and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the family run Pavilion Hotel. On arrival, I was made to feel extremely welcome and, throughout the weekend, I appreciated the friendly, comfortable atmosphere that the owners have created for their guests.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Amaranda_14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
The Last Post
The Last Post
#5 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,150 reviews
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eastern Esplanade) Hotel
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eas...
#1 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
The Welbeck Hotel
The Welbeck Hotel
#3 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!