“A good place for a drink” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bojangles'

Bojangles'
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, Mississippi
“A good place for a drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I spent a weekend in Westcliff and happened to stumble upon Bojangles. I stopped in because they would serve drinks without needing to order a meal. I just had a glass of their house red wine, which wasn't horrible. The place was deserted except for two others at the bar. The bartender was helpful in giving me directions around Westcliff.

• Visited June 2014

Essex
“Disappointing, poor value experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

When we visited for lunch before a children's show there were only four other tables occupied. We ordered burgers, two children's meals and a pasta dish - after a 45 minute wait and asking the waitress how much longer our food would be, it came to the table very slowly. Two portions if the chips were almost cold, those given to the small children with us were scolding hot.... The burgers were bland and gristly, the sausages & chicken goujons of poor quality & everything had obviously been defrosted .....cooked fresh to order perhaps - but not homemade! Service was poor, I don't think the waitress could have been less interested in getting our food to us quickly. Overall, a disappointingly miserable meal that if I had more time I would have sent back and refused to pay for. My advice is to go to the chip shop next door.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Piggle_EH
“Helpful lovely u must book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We went there before a show we booked a table for 5 pm by 6.00 fully booked turned away about 30 people that we saw we have liver and bacon and mash lovely liver creamy mash I had cheesey garlic bread and whitebait the whitebait was awful told staff chef apologised and said new supplier wont be using them again and took the whitebait off the menu took off our bill and offered me other food I was ok with the 4 huge pieces of garlic cheesy bread which was amazing no fuss made they were great then we shared a pud we asked what wss good waitress said choc brownie stack we chose that omg it was heaven creamy toffee sauce warm on soft warm brownie pieces with ice cream it was yummmmmmy a lovely place to eat staff helpful and friendly worth a visit but book a table will def go again

“Wouldn't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Went here before a show with an hour and a half to waste. We were sat relatively quickly, brought menus and ordered within 10 minutes of being sat down. We ordered 3 mains and 2 children's meals (2 burgers, a plate of pasta, sausage and chips and chicken and chips). It took them an hour to bring our food out, of which they brought the adult meals first when there were two children at the table. When it got to the table the two adult meals with chips were bland and the chips were cold. The children's meals were practically nuclear so they couldn't eat for another 5 minutes. The pasta was supposed to have chorizo in but they must have forgotten that. They didn't ask how the meal was, probably because they knew it wasn't good on any level, and we were left having to eat as fast as we could to get to the theatre on time. Overall I would not return here for any reason. I'd love to say the service was worth coming back even if the food was substandard, but I can't. Very disappointed.

1 Thank Natalie H
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Good for a pre show dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Been here a few times before a show at the Cliffs. It's busy, but we now email our choice the day before and it's served when we get there.

The food is good, bistro style menu and plenty of choice.

• Visited April 2014