“First time not the last”

Piccolo Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Chose this place as a pre theatre meal choice, and really glad I did. The atmosphere and food were very good and the attentive service makes a big difference. Will now introduce this eaterie to the ret of the family

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived here by chance as on prowl for dinner having just returned from a trip. Family run and their care and passion showed in the fab food! I cook Italian a lot but I have to admit this was good, very good! Made to feel welcome and comfortable! Lip smacking Gamberoni Vulcano, just the right amount of chilli! Mmm! Hubby loved homemade Ravioli con Funghi! It got even better - very rarely I order Lasagne because mine is good, but this might be better - Awesome! But still it got better - homemade Peach prosecco sorbet with fresh peaches, Damn it Piccolo you win hands down! Could not manage coffee or offer of Limoncello but next time and there will be a next time very soon ;)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fantastic family run Italian restaurant above the arches in westcliff!

The owner greets you like you are old friends and was absolutely wonderful with my children. When he asked my kids how big they wanted their pizza they held out their arms wide and shouted "this big". True to his word the pizza arrived and was absolutely enormous, we had to take half home. My husband commented that it was the best Italian he has had in this country, he had carpaccio followed by the thinly sliced lamb served with fresh veggies. My one criticism was that my pasta arriabatta was slightly overcooked but then I do like mine al dente. We didn't try dessert as we were saving ourselves for a Rossi ice cream on the walk back to the car.

All in all a fabulous meal with a cracking view across the estuary! Don't be put off by the slightly dated decor, it is a true gem of a place.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

As we needed an early meal we booked a table for 6pm, and the place was pretty full (always a good sign) when we arrived. Service was excellent and drinks and starters arrived promptly.

The main courses were superb (veal & veg and Spaghetti Carbonara), piping hot, beautifully cooked and generous portions. And all at good prices :-)

A proper independent (family?) Italian restaurant, and 1000 times better than horrid high-street Italian 'restaurants'.

We would be very happy to eat here again...highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Googled restaurants near Cliff's Pavilion and found this one. We booked a table for 6pm Friday evening and glad we did as it was soon full. Great location for pre-theatre meal. Lovely staff and great atmosphere. Food was great, hot, lots of it and served quickly. Extensive menu and good choice of specials. Very slick operation on show night when people need to get in, eat and leave quickly. I would love to go back when I have time to linger longer and have room for dessert.