“Good but not as good as was”
Review of The beach hut

The beach hut
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Situated on a beautiful stretch of beach at Westcliff on Sea, The Beach Hut combines stunning views with great food & drinks" Fresh food served 7 days a week for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Late dinning in the summer. We have our Kiosk Open in the summer.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good but not as good as was”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

WE really love this as a place for Sunday Breakfast but found the service slow and what annoys me is the drinks come up immediately and by the time the food arrives another drink has to be ordered. Grannary toast is available as toast and butter but not available with breakfast. standard have gone down BUT spoke to the owner and she assured me that she will look into my concerns and hoped to see us back. We will return as it is such a lovely setting and the staff are friendly and food is good.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Mixed review”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went here mid-week with my family and it was delightful, really enjoyed the food etc. However, upon returning at the weekend with my boyfriend today, I was a bit disappointed. The service was very slow and not overly helpful, I sent my meal back and I'm sure they gave back exactly the same meal, forgot my side order and everything was just very slow. Not sure if I will go back again.

Heybridge, United Kingdom
“Unexpected delight”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We needed to be in the area and, as it was also my husband's birthday, we decided to lunch out. We had intended to go elsewhere but having stumbled across The Beach Hut it was just to nice to bypass. The food is bistro style and extremely well prepared and served by very pleasant staff. Certainly the place to go for either a snack lunch or some more filling. The menu is not large but all the food is very well prepared, fresh and tasty. So much nicer to have good food prepared well and served with a smile and all at a reasonable price. They certainly seem to have got it right!!

1 Thank Lesley S
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Have been three times”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The food we have had each time has been ok.
The service the first time was good, the second time was a little frosty and the third was not very good I'm sad to say.
As its not a motorway cafe, I think a little bit of a smiling service would be great! All the staff bar one did this. It's great for tourists and locals alike, nice view. We have been each time when I'm lucky enough to have my husband working from home, so we drive from Leigh. Our time is limited not just on the parking meter but the fact my husband only takes an hour for lunch.

Visited June 2014
“Excellent. ”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Visited venue many times, on my own and with family. Setting overlooking sea is wonderful. Food excellent and very friendly staff.