“Avoid this place it's a dump.”

Malvern Lodge Guest House
and 1 more site!
Malvern Lodge Guest House
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and did not sleep as the other guests were so noisy and doors were being banged all night.
The room wasn't cleaned at anytime I was there. Also when I went down for breakfast in the morning I was told it wasn't included in the price. It was the worse guest house I've ever stayed in. Please don't stay here, it is truly awful and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Jac197

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great Location and and we stayed there on our way to Spain.Just rested few hours.Good place and value for money.The guy was so friendly.we didnt had breakfast as we were flying early in the morning.He helped as to book a cab.Good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night to catch early flight at southend and booked as advertised as close to airport. However this place is to be avoided. From outside place looked run-down and things were no better inside. My room was dirty and clearly only visible areas had been vacuumed - under bed and behind chairs was filthy with paint/plaster that had flaked off walls lying in piles here, caught in spiders' webs. Skirting was dirty throughout and windows and mirror in need of good clean. Carpet was heavily stained with goodness-knows-what and the tiny bathroom was horrid - broken toilet roll holder, shower tray and door requiring steam clean as it looked like it has never been cleaned. Worse thing was when I got I to bed I felt like I was being eaten by something and I ended up sitting in chair all night praying my taxi would arrive early - still scratching at the thought as I write this! I couldn't even pass the time online as the "free WiFi" wasn't working. Please do yourself a favour and avoid this place. A tent on the beach would be five-star accommodation in comparison.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sparky0711
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with a group of students. I was supposed to stay in room 8, but as I pulled the duvet back noticed the sheet was filthy! On closer inspection of the mattress, noticed it was looked mouldy and appeared to have squashed bugs everywhere. The whole place stank of cigarette smoke (obviously the owners are not adhering to the no smoking in public places law). I complained about the state of both my bed and another appearing to have dirty sheets which were changed, but I had no intentions of sleeping in a bed that appeared to be riddled with bed bugs. One of our students had a terrible back ache due to springs poking up in our bed. Finally, there is mould everywhere,. The place needs a complete refit, or better still knock the dump down!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Beverley R
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Myself and my husband stayed at this guest house as we were in Southend for a concert in October 2013. The location was ideal for our needs, however the place itself was not. The outside was unkempt with dead plants in the window boxes and looked like no-one cared about it. Sadly, the inside was not an improvement as the lounge furniture and carpets were in need of a deep clean. The bedroom was little better,the linens were very thin and cheap looking although appeared clean, the carpets were badly stained in many places. The en-suite bathroom was tiny with dirt around the glass shower door also a glass shelf next to the sink was at an angle rendering it useless.
We didn't have tea or coffee in the room as I wasn't keen to use the water from the bathroom to make it, or indeed use the cups provided.
Finally, on asking what time breakfast was in the morning, we were informed that it wasn't included in the £55 price of the room!. All in all, the Malvern Lodge Guest House needs a complete overhaul and lots of care.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lesley F
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Was there for two days,not a happy stay to say the least its meant to be bed and breakfast but the shock is you need to pay 5gbp for the breakfast i thought this would be included in price of 70gbp per day and room we stayed in had mould on the walls my sons bed was hard and uncomfortable, as for the owner he needs some tips on customer service,all plant pots ect outside were all still full of dead plants,only good thing about this place was the location.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mrgerrym
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Best hotel in westcliff, Veey respectfull and cooperate staff...love the location as it is just few steps away from sea.”“the owner was very polite and considerate.” We will definately come back again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vikram s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
#2 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Southend Guest House
Southend Guest House
#4 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
#2 of 2 in Canvey Island
Devine Beach Guesthouse
Devine Beach Guesthouse
#2 of 4 in Westcliff-on-Sea

Been to Malvern Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!