See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Just got home from an overnight stay at the Welbeck. Three friends booked three single rooms. All the rooms were fairly basic but had lovely comfortable beds and were really clean. The staff were lovely, and the breakfast brilliant. All for £27 each! I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2010

My wife and I had a very pleasant overnight stay. Our double room was spacious,clean,warm and comfortable.Friendly staff and a good breakfast selection.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seasidejoe
Reviewed 25 November 2009

i stayed at this place due to the location and excellent prices given when telephoning. The owner Brenda is very corteous and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The room is basic but very clean which is reflected in the pricing.
All in all if you are wishing to stay in a homely environment with basic accomodation and excellent links to nearby atractions, then Welbeck Hotel is definately for you.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2009

I had a real panic. I needed somewhere to stay in Westcliff on sea near to my grandparent's following a family crisis. This was the only place I could find that was available due to some big events happening at the same time I was there. When I read what people had put on here, I nearly cried thinking it was going to be a nightmare.

Actually it was nothing of the sort. I had one of the triple rooms on the top floor. It was clean, plenty of tea and coffee, very helpful and supportive staff, lovely breakfast (and huge it is too). The only thing I could smell was the sea air.

I honestly couldn't believe I was staying the the place that had been given the reviews below.

Don't get me wrong - this is not the Ritz, and there are some minor issues (such as lack of parking and disability access issues), but it most certainly does not deserve the severe criticism levelled at it in the other reviews.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Boydus
Reviewed 18 September 2008

Stayed recently at this hotel and was bitterly disappointed.

Small pokey double room, with en suite.
Broken tiles on shower floor that moved
Shower wouldnt work
broken light fittings

Had to use shared shower - no light

Nice staff though and good breakfast

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)