“Spoilt my mother and daughter weekend away!!”
Review of The Welbeck Hotel

The Welbeck Hotel
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I called at 11am in the morning to be told there was a room but no cots which I was fine with, I placed a reservation at least I thought I had to arrive at 11pm to be told the room had be taken its now 1.30am in the morning and I'm sitting in my car 6 months pregnant with my 3 year old daughter sleeping on the back seat with no where for us to stay for the night talk about poor customer service!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Sweets34

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff.
Room was spacious and clean.
Bed was very hard and uncomfortable, and room cold at night.
Light from corridor shone into room at night, making it very difficult to sleep.
Furnishings shabby.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2012

we stayed on the first of december so very cold outside. very warm inside & a warm welcome to
from the owners & every one was very helpfull
room was nice & clean hot shower etc
at breakfast there was a good choice fruit juices & cereals, included with the full english and toast that we had. We have been staying at the wellbeck for the past three years when visiting family in westcliffe - on - sea, and have always found it to be very good, also good value for money, And no doubt will be staying there next time we visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tebworth
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My family stayed at the Wellbeck hotel in Southend 26th-28th October to attend my daughters wedding. We recieved a lovely welcome even although we arrived very late. My elderly parents were given a large comfortable room suitable to their needs.the hotel is very close to the train station , shops and beach front. We found the hotel very comfortable,clean with good facilites.The breakfast was excellent and service first class , nothing seemed too much to ask!
The hotel may not be 5star but the welcome ,service and facilites are excellent value for money.
Would highly recommend
MH Glasgow

Room Tip: Clean comfortable rooms on the first floor .
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Booked online and response was great communication.Really pleased all round...Very comfortable & very good value for money so we were happy with the stay and will hopefully be staying again if in this area or near.So for the price and the area was actually above our expectations.Many thanks Dennis :-)

Room Tip: Room 4 was a very cosy,bright,comfortable & welcoming.Shower was good also.I would highly recomm...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annabob2012
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The staff in this hotel were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is in a good position five mins away from station and one minute from the beach. If you like walking you can walk to southend in twenty five mins. Chalkwell in about twenty and another twenty five is Leigh On Sea which is also a lovely place to visit. Town centre about fifteen minutes. The hotel needs alot of work done on it also could do with being alot cleaner eg spider webs covering the window. Saying that the beds were comfortable and there was tea and coffee in the rooms. Rooms are £55 for two people including breakfast. Breakfast is choice from yogurts, fruit, cereal plus a choice of breakfast from menu. Service was good and were helpful. There are no lifts so you would need to check where your room is if you cant use stairs. I would go back as it is a good home base for the area for what i need. Decoration and cleanliness lets it down unfortunately.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have bunk beds so check first if your child cannot sleep in one yet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have spent many years (30) travelling the world and this was possibly the dirtiest room I have ever stayed in. I found blood on my kettle (yes that's right). The sink was cracked and the carpet and paintwork filthy. The bathroom had no panel against the bath just bare chip board and the lino (I think that's what it was) didn't meet the wall. The toilet blocked. The best was hearing the proprietor tell the cook (whilst cooking my one and only breakfast there) to go unblock the toilet in one of the rooms. The only hotel that I have stayed in that could be any worse than this was one in Nagpur in the center of India. Sadly this hotel was once owned by Val and Richard family friends of mine. It was a lovely hotel but sadly it is not anymore. Steer clear!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Pinnyposts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westcliff-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
#4 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Holiday Inn Southend
Holiday Inn Southend
#6 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to The Welbeck Hotel? Share your experiences!