“Great Birthday Treat!”

Coastal Bite
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe, British, Grill
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh, new exciting take on the famous Westcliff Arches, serving homemade dishes, in a relaxed atmosphere, accomodating all your needs.
Essex, UK
“Great Birthday Treat!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had my daughter's 7th Birthday lunch here with her little girlfriends. Fantastic location, bright and refreshing. Lovely staff and fab service. Would recommend. Have been back since and had the same experience... booking again today.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“finally, somewhere worth the effort of parking at the arches..”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Myself and a few other locals are often down the sea front looking for fuel before kitesurfing or fuel after kitesurfing. The arches are very hit and miss. It's nice to find somewhere that doesn't deep fry their sausages and mushrooms (yes, really, most places deep fry their mushrooms.....)

We have had everything from the Kipper brunch through to the steak and pizzas.

The service is fantastic, the staff are just the right amount of helpful without being invasive and the food is fantastic! Half of me doesn't want to write this review because it won't be long until you have to reserve a table but their success deserves the business!

The first time I went, I asked for the fish and chips (it was 9am on a Saturday) to which I was told "let me check with the chef..." a couple of mins later "yep, that's fine..." that's my kind of place.

The second time I had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Thick cut brown toast with a load of lovely salmon on top with eggs that had been made in a pan (this is rare at the arches as most eggs are microwaved.

At the weekend I had their pizza... nothing more to say other than it was as good as pizza I had in Rome while on holiday, last year. A breakfast of champions if there ever was one!

Get down there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will no be disappointed!

2 Thank Tony_McSpadden
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“A PERFECT LUNCH”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have visited Coastal Bite twice now, once at lunch time and this timeon a Bank Holiday Monday, we knew it would be busy so we booked a table, Lucky we did because ours was the only free table and it was bustling. The cafe has been well refurbished and is very comfortable, we had a relative staying with us and she was impresed with the decor and the menu. I had the delicious tuna salad, my cousin had one of the open sandwiches which looked really appetising and my husband had the seafood linguini which he claimed was better than the one he'd had at a local Italian restaurant. We were served by a smiling, friendly waitress and James, the owner was overseeing things and spent time chatting to his clients. There was a party of 12 at one table and they commented to us that they were now regulars and had bought their grand daughter here for her birthday. We couldn't manage one of the many desserts and just had coffee. I can thoroughly recommend this little secret along the busy seafront, it has a relaxed atmosphere and a varied menu suitable for all tastes.

“Refreshing and modern”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

What a lovely afternoon lunch we had at this modern, clean, bright and relaxed new addition to the otherwise dated 'arches' in westcliff. The staff were cool and friendly and the food was fresh and contemporary. We went for lunch but the all day breakfast looked excellent and I was jealous I didnt try it. I would definitely go back to coastal bite. The management and staff have worked very hard to get this right and it would now be my arch of choice!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The only place to dine by the sea!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We've been to Coastal Bite several times the past few weeks, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff coupled with great food. Thanks guys!