“Best Indian restaurant for me in Essex”
Review of Shagor

Shagor
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I can honestly say the best Indian restaurant our area has to offer. Off the beaten track to the town but worth every penny. Whilst other local restaurants churn out lacklustre formulac identical tasting dishes Shagor offers flavour and real teaste experience . I love spice and its flavours and Shagor to me is the only Indian restaurant round here that i can differentiate flavours from one dish to another. Quality food and at reasonable prices too

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Enjoyed a good meal here with friends. The food is good, my only recommendation would be for them to use smaller serving dishes. By the time the four of us had a main, and a side, the table had disappeared, and drinks had to sit on the floor.

I also noted that they have cabaret on Fridays - dinner with Elvis?

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Delicious food and always excellent service, probably the only thing I would miss about west cliff if I moved!

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

The restaurant from the inside looks like your standard Indian with the quintessential furniture you find in most to represent the location the restaurant represents; the service is very good with waiters kindly taking to your every need and there being enough working to cater for larger tables efficiently.

The main things though are the food quality and the value; I ordered the Biryani special which contained so much meat I couldn't finish the whole dish (I was ravenous before we went in) and my dining partner said her meal was incredible; there was indeed a lot of chicken in her dish too.

We completed the meal with a bottle of wine and keema naan, altogether reaching £35 which, for a bottle of wine, sundry and two mains was good value in my opinion.

The only downside was the lack of lassie drinks and the atmosphere was slightly stale.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I really enjoyed eating at the Shagor, I've eaten here twice recently and the first time was amazing yet the second time was average.

I think when the restaurant is busier the food deteriorates slightly.

They often provide live music and entertainment in their function room free of charge for after you've had your meal.

Would recommend!