“Excellent food and staff”

The White Hart Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Witham
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, British, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you want a friendly atmosphere and excellent food that wont break the bank...... Come here! Their platters are excellent value and the kiwi burger is awesome. The staff are always cheery and the new look is a winner!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have always had a fantastic Sunday Lunch here with great service & a carvery that betters a well know Carvery chain but visited in the week expecting the same standard only to be disappointed.
We walked in the back (restaurant/car park entrance) and were ignored by staff for a good 5 minutes when we approached them ourselves as to where to sit and were told ,rather gruffly , to sit where we liked and order at the bar. Fine , but went to a table that needed cleaning so had to change , there were no lunch time special deals like the other pubs and ordered at the bar as requested . The food was average but the waitress was friendly. The people we were with commented "Remind us not to go back there & after you'd give it such high recommendations too !" I felt quite let down. All in All we wouldn't go back in the week but it wouldn't stop us going back for their carvery !

1  Thank Debra70
WhitehartCM8, Manager at The White Hart Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Debra,

I am so sorry that this was the service you received when you visited us. As you mentioned in your review this was not the normal service you had experienced before. Please would you be so kind to let me know the date and time of your visit so I can investigate what happened with the level of customer service you received.

Kind regards
Jo Street

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Was looking foward to the 8 gravity ales to complement the existing 6 pumps,only to find that the night I was there only 2 ales were guest and all the others GREEN KING so not good for me as a CAMRA member,so must do better as there soon will be competition from the spead eagle soon to open as an ale bar,hopefully no greedy king there!!

1  Thank Peter L
WhitehartCM8, Owner at The White Hart Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi Peter, sorry this was the case when you popped in. Due to the resounding success of the new cask ale bar and several barrels from various brewers that were below our standard of quality and were returned we did run short of guest ales that weekend. We have now resolved those issues and I can assure you we have a greater range of guest ales at all times. We hope you do visit us again to sample our range and perhaps enjoy our great food offering as well!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Had a really great meal in here the other night, my steak was cooked to perfection and they have a new cask ale bar which I loved. Restaurants nicely decorated and the waitress was friendly as were the bar staff, well done, I'll be back again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

met with 2 dear friends for lunch,staff helpful making a table for for when only twos available,staff polite and good waitressing skills food beautiful and good value for money.