“Friendly, Nice & Tidy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Witham
Dublin
“Friendly, Nice & Tidy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was with friends and visiting a common friend around that area. That was the main reason that we picked this hotel. The place is very nice, the stuff quite friendly and the rooms were tidy and clean. The only issue we had was the wall heater, which is actually the only source of heating for some rooms. It was a very cold day and it was not enough, as our room was a little bit cold. The price we got the rooms was fair. Didn't have time to try the breakfast, but looked (and smelled) quite nice!-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed at the hotel after a wedding that was held there. Overall found the staff very friendly and the food at wedding was good. The rooms were appaling though. Room I stayed in had wall fixed heater that seemed to be on some kind of timer but without an instruction manual (which was probably lost back in the 70's when it was installed) there was no way I could operate it. Being november room was freezing. The matress on the bed was the lumpiest I have ever slept on...well I tried to sleep on it. Overall the worst nights sleep I've had in a long time. There was a nice new flat screen TV in the room and cant help but think the money could have been better spent elsewhere. The bathroom needs a refurb but was clean. The signs in the bathroom about water being boiling hot weren't wrong. Speaking to other guests the next morning they had same problem with heaters. Told reception about it but they didnt do much other than make a note to get someone to look at it. Room was very overpriced for what it was. Better warmer, comfier, cheaper rooms at a travelodge. I had planned to use pool but was just desperate to get home by morning so didn't. I only stayed for the wedding and wont be staying again or recomending for anyone else to stay.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or if you really must stay the rooms upstairs sounded better. But theres only a...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FMP31

Travellers are raving about these Witham hotels

essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We wanted a one night deal with evening meal and breakfast included, we got all this for £49.00 at this hotel. We got there at 2.00pm the receptionist was a bit cold and clinical she directed us to our room 601 it was large and spacious we had a queen size bed and even had a sofa in the room. Yes the bathroom could do with updating but it was very clean.

7.00pm we went for a lovely meal it was excellent! The waitress Lucy was very attentive and friendly could not fault her. Service was excellent and food was quick at being served and hot!

The breakfast was good, and pleanty of choice.

The checkout was a bit poor yet again the cold and clinical receptionist.

We had a nice restful stay and we got everything we wanted for a fantastic price.

We could have used the leisure facilities but we didn't.

We will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Milton keynes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Been here before, doesn’t get any better. It’s very cheap.. but even so it’s way over priced.
The room, small musky and FREEZING.. The only heating an antique wall mounted fan heater. I considered putting my hands in the Corby trouser press to warm them…

The bar served warm, and slightly flat later, in a room with one piece of furniture to suit every bad taste element of the last 5 centuries…

The restaurant – Like Faulty Towers, Really. And the cod in batter was looked like something from the Iceland economy range that had been deep fried for double the recommended time. I actually skipped the included desert… I could not cope with the disappointment.

The WiFi extends from the reception desk to nowhere useful, and the bar entertainment is a large screen showing football.

The bed, when I lay on it and rolled, the plastic mattress cover crackled as it flexed and the springs poked me in uncomfortable places. Something bit me.

Breakfast, the coffee was luke warm and everything else below Little Chef standards...

These guys really need to spend a night in a Premier Lodge, Holiday Inn Express or a tent… then spend a night in their own hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravellinBaz
Harlow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I went on a spa day and found it most un spa like. The food was average, the service poor although the staff were nice. There were not many of them and we had to wait ages to get seen to even though we were the only ones in the restaurant. The treatment I had was good (massage) but the pool area was full of kids and very busy. Small changing area - 2 showers and a small changing bench along with the poorest hairdrying contraption I have ever seen . Not the relaxing experience I expected.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Leanne B
essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I took my daughter-in-law for her birthday for afternoon tea and spa. As she is gluten intolerant I was concerned that maybe they would be unable to accommodate her. But to the contrary they made a very special lunch for her whilst I enjoyed a very beautiful afternoon tea at no extra cost to either of us. We then proceeded to enjoy a few hours of leisure swimming in the pool, relaxing in the hot tub and using the steam room and sauna. The staff were exceptionally helpfully and I would certainly recommend this venue to anyone who wanted to buy this as a special gift for someone special.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

Had a nice spa day arranged with a friend which included afternoon tea, what a disappointment!! Arrived at the spa to find the changing room soaking wet and the floor filthy no where to put clothes whilst changing especially when 4 other ladies arrived. Poolside only had 2 sun loungers so there so no chance of lying round the pool relaxing. Jacuzzi looked like something out of the 60's and not very appealing, so we decided to leave what a disappointment.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mandys272
Also consider these accommodations in or near Witham
Pontlands Park
Prested Hall Hotel
Prested Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Feering
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa

Been to Rivenhall Hotel? Share your experiences!