“Friendly Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Rivenhall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Witham
Reviewed 10 February 2013

First time stay at the Rivenhall Hotel. Very friendly and polite staff, room was clean, bathroom abit on the small side.
Gym was spot on with good opening times.
Plenty of choice on menus for breakfast and bar/restuarant.

• Stayed: February 2013
the_rivenhall_hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Rivenhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Kirsty,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed you stay with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive on the hotel and we do hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

No complaints about this place - apart from the cold corridors - but hey this is England.

The staff were incredibly friendly and polite. The rooms were lovely and clean. The spa was enjoyable and a massage was brilliant (and I am a therapist so not easily pleased!).

I was astounded at the quality of food and the service considering the price. It was nice not to have a buffet breakfast. The waitresses were so helpful and we sat for ages having extra tea and toast.

Would definately recommend. - a good place to chill out. And worth looking at the themed nights that they are holding shortly.
Tracy Ann

Room Tip: I was in 338 - not a sound all night. The rooms are not very big so a couple would have to take tur...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tracy Ann,

Thank you so much for your kind comments in your review. you have been fondly remembered by all our staff and it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

We are pleased that you believe we are good value for money as we strive to keep our rates low but our food to the highest standard so it possible for everybody to enjoy a well deserved break.

We thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Rivenhall Hotel in the near future hopefully to one of our themed evenings.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

My partner & I stayed here on a two night break, first time away from my daughter so wanted to stay close to home. Basic room, although clean & everything worked fine. We had dinner & breakfast both days & we thought the food to be really nice. Sat in a nice spot both nights, good choice for both of us (me being a vegie). Used the spa area alot & also had treatments. Good value for money

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Charli,

We are glad to hear you and your partner enjoyed you two night getaway at The Rivenhall Hotel.

We thank you for taking the time to write the kind review on our hotel as find all feedback very helpful to make sure everybody future stay is as enjoyable as yours.

We do hope you will come and visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stayed 12th Jan 2013, 1 standard double & 2 family rooms, all £70 per night B&B.

All 3 rooms were clean, tidy with all you'd expect from an average hotel.

We had lunch in the bar, afternoon tea was very good and very well priced at £10 per person. Burgers were home made, very tasty and huge but the sandwhiches were very over priced.

Service from all the staff was outstanding. Very polite and helpful at all times.

The pool was very clean and well looked after.

This place has obviously spent money on the public areas, while the rooms are clean they are very tired, the bathrooms in particular. The water pressure in the upstairs rooms is awful. You can see where the whole place has been added onto over the years, resulting in corridors and stairways everywhere.

I would use this hotel again for an overnight stay but wouldn't want to spend a week here!

Room Tip: Water pressure is rubbish in upstairs rooms. Use the pool showers if you're desperate.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrsrads
Lorna N, Manager at Rivenhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we find all feedback extremely helpful.

We would also like to thank you for your kind words about the services from our staff, these compliments have been passed on.

As you can see from your stay with us, the Rivenhall Hotel has been under renovation and our public areas and some of our bedrooms have been newly refurbished, this refurbishment is on going and we hope to have the rest of the bedrooms finished soon.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed with my husband for our wedding anniversary for one night in November 2012. We have used the facilities and gym etc many times and thought it would be nice as it is local to where we live. How wrong could we be. The rooms were incredibly basic with paperthin walls and we were on a walkway near the main reception and so heard every conversation when people walked past. The bed was so uncomfortable it was like sleeping on cement and we had to complain several times in the night as the noise from rowdy people upstairs was unbearable. To top if all off I became ill in the night and can only put it down to the meal we had in the restaurant. When I complained the next morning to the duty manager I was told that as no one else had complained it can;t have been the food!!! no apologies were given. I couldn't and wouldn't touch the breakfast and we left immediately. I can't describe how disapppointed we were. I appreciate you get what you pay for but it is definitely not even 3 stars.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicola P
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I am struggling to find anything positive about this so called hotel. It must be that there is ample free parking.
The staff are not at all friendly. This starts with the frosty reception to the downright rude and aggressive manageress.
The room is more than tired and it is not the place to spend some time in and relax. In other words the room was not pleasant at all. They are suited to someone who just wants somewhere to spend the night and is not fussy.
There is a restaurant in which I ate a chicken dish. It was awful. The chicken was dry and tasteless. I choose chicken in English restaurants when nothing else appeals to me and that is what happened here but I was left wishing that I had picked up some fast food in Witham.
Breakfast was not much better.
I stayed here because I wanted to try somewhere different in Essex and I regretted it. Next time I will go back to my usual place in good old Basildon.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gordon B
Reviewed 5 January 2013

One night here prior to attending an event. Staff were welcoming and accomodating, altering our booking to suit our family group. Room was large but very outdated with the entire accomodation block in desperate need of an update/refurb or rethinking entirely. There were so many ways in/out of the hotel, security was an issue for us. We ate out so can't comment on the restaurant although breakfast in the morning was ok. The shower pressure has to have been the worst dribble I have experienced in years. Sadly the helpfulness of the staff cannot compensate for the below adequate nature of the hotel accomodation, I wish I could be more positive.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HampshirePanda8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Witham
Prested Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Holiday Inn Express Braintree
Best Western Marks Tey Hotel
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa

Been to Rivenhall Hotel? Share your experiences!