“There is a real talent in that kitchen”
Review of Lower Brook House Restaurant - CLOSED

Lower Brook House Restaurant
Reviewed 15 November 2013

If you don't stay at the B&B then eat there - she is a wonderful chef and they pick some lovely ingredients. We had New Year's eve dinner there and it was a triumph.

2  Thank Andy F

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I live in Blockley and have intended eating at Lower Brook ever since we moved here. Unfortunately I have laboured under the misapprehension that it was rather pricey and special, so assumed that I couldn't afford to eat there. I was wrong!

My friend and I had an idyllic evening sitting in the garden as the sun went down, enjoying the flowers and the tranquility. Julian (our waiter) was personable and very welcoming, even bringing us a free glass of champagne because he got wind that it was my birthday. My friend and I were in rhapsodies about the food - obviously all cooked from fresh ingredients by Anna, (Julian's wife) and her Baked Alaska goes down in history as the best pudding that I have ever had.

When the bill arrived I was pleasantly surprised (that doesn't often happen!)

This couple deserve to do well and I would recommend the restaurant unreservedly. Give them a try.

Sam Buckley

3  Thank Sam B
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the restaurant which is a beautiful building in a lovely location. Small and cosy, the food was very good, and the service was excellent.(I know lots of restaurants automatically add a service charge but I really wish they wouldn't.) Certainly worth a visit but I don't think I would rush back.

1  Thank Rick N
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were very fortunate to stumble upon this restaurant whilst walking round the village of Blockley. The restaurant had conveniently left some leaflets outside and as the hotel looked so lovely we took a leaflet and decided to eat there the following evening. The hospitality was second to none and I absolutely loved the modern touches in décor which so beautifully set off this superb old and lovely building. The restaurant whilst small, was very intimate and cosy. Our food did not disappoint - it was presented to a very high standard and could not have tasted better. The wine list had something for every taste and although my supper left me too full to enjoy a desert, my husband had trouble deciding from the deserts on offer, but thoroughly enjoyed the desert he chose eventually. We had a lovely relaxing and enjoyable experience and would not hesitate to recommend a visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were staying at the Lower Brook House, for the first time, a couple of years ago and decided to eat in their restaurant. We were so impressed with the restaurant that we have not wanted to eat anywhere else on our subsequent visits to Blockley.

Although the dining room is small, there is an adjoining lounge, with a large roaring fire in winter, where you can enjoy a welcoming drink before the meal and coffee or a liquor afterwards. It is also a great area to relax and chat to other guests in what is a friendly, comfortable space. They have a terrace where meals can be eaten in summer.

Their menu (see www.lowerbrookhouse.com) hints at the pleasures to come. Both Julian and Anna will ensure that your food is cooked to the highest standards just the way you like it with great attention to quality and detail. There is a select wine list with something for most tastes.

In summary, if you visit Blockley or are in the area, this restaurant is certainly worth a visit.

1  Thank Ian_from_UK