“Charming restaurant with very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lower Brook House Restaurant - CLOSED

Lower Brook House Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Charming restaurant with very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a lovely dinner at the Lower Brook House. The owner was very attentive, and the food was very good. The restaurant and Inn is very charming.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank sy1950

London, United Kingdom
“There is a real talent in that kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

If you don't stay at the B&B then eat there - she is a wonderful chef and they pick some lovely ingredients. We had New Year's eve dinner there and it was a triumph.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Andy F
Blockley
“Wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere, reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I live in Blockley and have intended eating at Lower Brook ever since we moved here. Unfortunately I have laboured under the misapprehension that it was rather pricey and special, so assumed that I couldn't afford to eat there. I was wrong!

My friend and I had an idyllic evening sitting in the garden as the sun went down, enjoying the flowers and the tranquility. Julian (our waiter) was personable and very welcoming, even bringing us a free glass of champagne because he got wind that it was my birthday. My friend and I were in rhapsodies about the food - obviously all cooked from fresh ingredients by Anna, (Julian's wife) and her Baked Alaska goes down in history as the best pudding that I have ever had.

When the bill arrived I was pleasantly surprised (that doesn't often happen!)

This couple deserve to do well and I would recommend the restaurant unreservedly. Give them a try.

Sam Buckley

3 Thank Sam B
Brewood, United Kingdom
“Unpretentious and lovely location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the restaurant which is a beautiful building in a lovely location. Small and cosy, the food was very good, and the service was excellent.(I know lots of restaurants automatically add a service charge but I really wish they wouldn't.) Certainly worth a visit but I don't think I would rush back.

1 Thank Rick N
Biggleswade
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding attention to detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were very fortunate to stumble upon this restaurant whilst walking round the village of Blockley. The restaurant had conveniently left some leaflets outside and as the hotel looked so lovely we took a leaflet and decided to eat there the following evening. The hospitality was second to none and I absolutely loved the modern touches in décor which so beautifully set off this superb old and lovely building. The restaurant whilst small, was very intimate and cosy. Our food did not disappoint - it was presented to a very high standard and could not have tasted better. The wine list had something for every taste and although my supper left me too full to enjoy a desert, my husband had trouble deciding from the deserts on offer, but thoroughly enjoyed the desert he chose eventually. We had a lovely relaxing and enjoyable experience and would not hesitate to recommend a visit if you are in the area.

1 Thank Susan G