We booked 2 midweek nights a couple of weeks ago, without very much research. This is the most lovely privately run hotel in the middle of the Clearwell village, very close the river Wye. The rooms are comfortable and everything very clean. The only minus was that our room in the barn was small and could have been a better layout.
Very good food - Wonderful breakfast - local produce - they list the suppliers. Worth dining there - we had the lamb which was great. There is a kitchen garden at the back as well as hens. You, can buy strawberry jam, honey and other foods to take home.
All the staff very friendly. No complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A former working farm lovingly converted into a stylish boutique hotel. Our 20 characterful room and suites feature roll top baths, monsoon showers, Nespresso coffee machines. Our award winning restaurant offers mouth-watering seasonal dishes and was described as a "Culinary Oasis" by Tatler Magazine. We have free superfast fibre-optic wifi throughout the hotel. The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley is a region rich in natural beauty and outdoor activities, castle, culture and heritage and world class food and drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tudor Farmhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tudor Farmhouse Clearwell
- Hotel Tudor Farmhouse
- Tudor Farmhouse Hotel Clearwell, Forest Of Dean