“Excellent Stay”

Tudor Farmhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clearwell
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Lovely hotel in a peaceful village. Dinner and wine excellent. Good selection of cereals, fruit and juices for breakfast and cooked options. Food could not be faulted. The Loft room is perfect for a special occasion and the bathroom was the nicest of any hotel we have stayed in. There is a really nice outdoor seating area and the grounds are lovely.

All in all it was a perfect stay and we will definitely return.

(There is also a really good pub next door)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Colin F, Owner at Tudor Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Essex999_13
Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your recent visit to the hotel.
I'm delighted you had such a good stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Very best wishes

There are newer reviews for Tudor Farmhouse Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel 1 night to celebrate our anniversary and loved it! I don't think there is anything I could fault. From the moment we arrived I had a positive feeling, it looked nice, the staff were really helpful and friendly, the room was lovely and the bed was really comfortable. We also had a beautiful bath which I just had to use.

We had also booked for the evening meal which was superb, both my husband and I enjoyed our choices. We were fortunate enough to have nice weather so had breakfast outside and the quality of the food was excellent.

It was a lovely place to stay, we enjoyed exploring the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley. Both regions offering great walks with spectacular scenery...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22 which was lovely, others reviews have mentioned the noise from upstairs in this...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Colin F, Owner at Tudor Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Madeleine54
So pleased to hear you loved you stay at Tudor Farmhouse.
There's nothing more rewarding that positive feedback like this so thanks for taking the time to review your visit.
We very much hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights to celebrate my wife’s birthday - what a good move!

The superb customer service started when I booked online. The hotel phoned me back to check whether we had any allergies to feather pillows and also what time we would like to eat on both evenings.

The room we booked was Room 22, on the ground floor of the Cider House, overlooking the pretty garden. What a cosy room it was with a really comfortable bed and good sized bathroom with a walk-in monsoon shower. The only minor gripe was some noise from the room above, but this is an old building with wooden floors upstairs and therefore to be expected; as long as you haven’t got an elephant staying upstairs you’ll be fine.

We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food can only be described as superb. Although the portions were relatively small, they were so so tasty and made use of locally sourced produce.

All in all, a really restful stay in this peaceful and characterful hotel.

Dear Jay2404
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Tudor Farmhouse.
Delighted to hear you had a great stay and we hope you will consider returning again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a very nice little hotel. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. I had a comfortable room which was well equipped and looked out onto a small garden. The between floors could be better soundproofed though! Breakfast very good, perfect scrambled eggs. Dinner tried too hard for my taste, I would have preferred simpler dishes, a touch of Masterchef I could do without. Sad lack of a salad option although they do have a vegetarian menu. Might have been me but I did not really enjoy the dishes on offer. Menu changes so might just have got the wrong week. Pretty garden outside main door and also another at the back up a slope but when I was there the weather was wet so no opportunity to enjoy this aspect. On the whole a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I moved rooms as the first allocation backed onto the car park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kate47a
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay.
I'm very pleased you had a good visit on balance. Sorry the food wasn't to your taste on this occasion, we do daily specials and the menus do change regularly to offer variety and seasonality. We are lucky in that there are a number of other dining options in the village and surrounding area so we can offer different options for guests who prefer plainer dishes.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A wonderful peaceful idyllic retreat, can’t think of anything I would improve, from the rooms, the service, the food, the location, a proper hotel who knows what customer service really means, loved it, I hope you will take my feedback and those of many others and go enjoy the Forest of Dean and all this hotel has to offer

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear StewieandPat
Thank you for your lovely review.
We're delighted you had a great time, so thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you again in the future.
Very best wishes

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Front of house was warm and friendly. They had phoned to ask if we had any allergies and if we wanted to book a table. Found the attention to detail really good. Nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in room 14. A beautiful room but you could hear the people upstairs. The garden was a delight to sit and have tea in. The breakfast was excellent with lots of locally sourced produce. We enjoyed the evening meal too. I would definitely recommend it

Dear Kolossi-duo
Thank you for taking the time to recommend us in your recent review.
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.
Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here in July. The service was excellent and the food really delicious

Local produce, simple but cooked with love, so the dining experience was really good. I highly recommend the fish, its local, so fresh and very reasonably priced.

The room was lovely very olde world. One comment about the bathroom however, it was a tad poky.

In hindsight I think we would have preferred a more modern room with a view on the garden, slightly less character but more of a nod to comfort.

Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to explore the surrounding areas.

Room Tip: Room with garden view if you want a more standard bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JThmsn
I'm delighted to hear you had a good stay with us last summer and thanks for the lovely review.
The "more modern" rooms are our Cider House Rooms so I very much hope you come back to try one of those soon. The rooms in the Farmhouse will be undergoing refurbishment over the winter so watch this space!
Very please to hear your positive comments about the restaurant too, glad you enjoyed it.
Colin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwell
The Speech House Hotel
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel

Been to Tudor Farmhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!