“Spa Day at Cowley”
Review of Cowley Manor

Cowley Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cowley
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A sensational day spent in the most stunning surroundings being spoilt rotten by delightful staff - Helen is charming as are the rest of the team where nothing is too much trouble. Wonderful teas and lattes & delicious lunch enjoyed relaxing in the general area - fabulous swim in the outdoor pool surrounded by stunning gardens & indoors in the serenity and tranquility of the main pool. Izzie's facial was one of the best I have ever had - all while cosied up on a wonderful heated bed wrapped in soft towels - utter bliss and total heaven - can't wait to return! Feeling so relaxed and fully cleansed! Thank you C-Side & Gabbi for the treat

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay and I could not fault this hotel. The staff are friendly and efficient, the spa is beautiful and well looked after, the treatment was one of the best I have ever had, the food was excellent for breakfast, the all day menu in the bar and the restaurant menu (we sampled all three!), the grounds are beautiful and worth grabbing one of the pairs of wellingtons for a walk around (we spotted a baby deer in the wooded area) and the vibe of the hotel is one that helps you to relax and unwind. The rooms are beautiful, we had a 'good room' which was beautiful, problem at first with wifi, however cleared settings on our devices and got it working. On arrival the lounge area was busy with lots of children and noise, however that was the only time we found that and it was the end of half term. We went as a couple and have not relaxed as much since having our children, however we will hope to return with our children as it is child friendly and large enough for us to have space with them without interfering with other peoples breaks. I would recommend without hesitation. (Bathroom products throughout the hotel were beautiful!)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Spent an amazing night here with my partner. The staff were fantastic, really helpful and had great attitudes.

Grounds and rooms were stunning. Food was lovely. Spa products and bathroom were the best I've ever stayed in.

Can't recommend this place enough

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lcleaver1979
Reviewed 25 May 2014

As fussy as I am, I cannot find fault with this amazing hotel. From the moment you pull up through the gates in front of the beautiful mansion, you are instantly relaxed. The grounds, the room and the huge bathroom are beautiful and well designed. Big fluffy towels and dressing gowns an added bonus. Our dinner was absolutely incredible and I cannot wait to eat here again. The staff were the icing on the cake, the wonderful and friendly staff make you feel at home. How is this for going above and beyond, when my taxi didn't turn up, the lovely Jules drove me to the station herself, wow! Thank you Cowley Manor for a wonderful stay and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel with my husband for wedding anniversary and birthday recently. On both occasions we had our lunch, dinner and breakfast plus spa relaxation at the hotel. We love it, it's very quirky but stylish, so if you're looking for somewhere not to venture out from, this is it.

The service is friendly and efficient and the grounds are beautiful to walk in. Owned by the curious group of hotels, well behaved children and dogs are well catered for. Relaxed not stuffy, the building, commissioned furniture and textiles make this hotel a good find.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helenmariemelon
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I not ashamed to say I'm such a massive fan of Cowley Manor. My husband & I have just returned from another week there and it really is my favourite place to be in the UK. I love the beauty of the building and the fact that when you walk through the doors it has a very cool, relaxed vibe which is matched by the furnishings & interior decoration. Every time we stay we feel we've come home! The staff once again were polite, friendly & couldn't do enough for us. We stayed in an exceptional stable room which we loved... particularly the sun room overlooking the courtyard garden. We enjoyed walking in the gorgeous grounds, sitting on the outdoor terrace with a drink in hand, playing the outdoor garden games and the pool room is also fabulous. I love the spa there & swam in the outdoor heated pool every morning which always feels like a real treat. I had a manicure too, which again was expertly done. We also attended the Cheltenham jazz festival party they were hosting last Friday and all I can say is Cowley really knows how to throw a party too! :) Well done Cowley Manor. We'll definitely be back! P.S. A special shout out for the Cowley Breakfast. Expertly cooked & once again nothing was too much trouble even though I have no bacon, no black pudding, eggs not too runny & very well done sausages!! Perfect every morning :) Thank you!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the beautiful gardens at the rear of the hotel choose a room at the back of th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just returned from Cowley Manor where we spent 2 nights with our 3 year old daughter and our elderly dog. We enjoyed the relaxed mood of the hotel, beautiful grounds for walking with our daughter and dog. Food was of good quality and staff attentive and friendly. The extra touches in the room like, coffee machine, fresh milk, CD player, iPod, lovely beauty products etc were very much appreciated. We used both indoor and outdoor pool and had beauty treatments.
We were lucky that hotel was quite this week and two children there were well behaved (including parents).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Monika2601
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowley
Ellenborough Park
#6 of 6 in Broadway
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings

Been to Cowley Manor? Share your experiences!