“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cowley
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked for a sunset spa package and was not dissapointed was looked after really we'll and all the little extra touches were brilliant. Food was good and spa treatments worth having. Hotel has a relaxed atmosphere and the gardens are worth a walk round stunning! To cap it all the sun was shining would certainly go back again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wendy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I decided to take a few days break midweek 'to get away from it all' , booked myself a room online and 25minutes drive later was ensconced in a gorgeous room breathing in the country air from my balcony, drinking in the views and sighing with contentment .
I had considered going to a health spa , but at the last minute decided on Cowley Manor - one of the best decisions ever .
The grounds are just glorious , beautiful landscaping but not too formal and large enough to take a good walk around . Later I found myself swinging contentedly in one of their hammocks gazing up at the clouds with gin and tonic in one hand, truly a long time since I felt so relaxed .
The spa is great - spacious , modern and smelling of pine scented forests , it has two huge pools - with the outside one heated to just the right temperature.
It's years since I spent such an enjoyable few hours by a poolside swimming , tanning , reading and drinking cocktails !

The hotel interiors are lovely , quirky modern and yet very comfortable .

However it's the service and friendly caring staff that deserve a special mention , they have got it just right - unobtrusive yet excellent - such a rare combination ! Everywhere I looked guests looked happy and relaxed and I'm convinced its because they, like me ,felt cared for and comfortable .
I'd like to say a very big thank you especially to Joules who went out of her way to look after me -
Many thanks and a big hug !

Room Tip: I had room 12- Glorious !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank evieb_11
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've been coming to Cowley since they first opened and, despite our lives changing from relatively budget conscious couple to couple with disposable cash to impecunious couple with small child, it's worked excellently for us every time. The place is design conscious but relaxed, a fun vibe but still quiet and intimate and the pool is the best I've been in in this country. Service is efficient but relaxed and friendly without being too in-your-face.

The nicest thing about Cowley is that it's great with kids and they are very welcome; unlike places like Lime Wood which has quite restrictive pool hours for instance, the kids pool hours are something like 9 - 5.00, but the place isn't given over to kids and there's plenty of adult spaces and times too. I recommend it to all my friends who want a great weekend away without too much fuss and who want to spend time with their kids without them taking over. I recommend it to you too.

Room Tip: I prefer being in the main house and the best combination is to take rooms 19 & 20 over the bar...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We live in London and have a place in Oxfordshire, so why drive another half an hour and pay to stay? I have thought about this a lot and i just don't know the answer, but whatever the reason is we keep coming back again and again.

The food is good, the guests seem to be good people, the bar is good enough, the spa is apparently good and the inside and outside pools are exceptional. The staff are well drilled, polite, informal and very friendly.

We like to stay in the main house with our 4 yr old but the stables are mostly fine as well. The combo of two first floor rooms, front and back of the building above the bar and sitting room are excellent for a family. The corridor can be closed off to create a two bed suite which is directly above the bar for good baby monitor reception and has a roof terrace for sunny days.

The hotel has an exceptional external nannying service which is expensive at £20 per hour, but the nanny was a primary school teacher with lots of experience so we had no worries. Nice report card from the nanny afterwards to accompany a hand drawn card from my daughter and a flower chain they made together. Hearts melted all round. Money well spent!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Redditch, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My Daughter chose Cowley Manor for her wedding and many of the party chose to stay over for up to 3 nights. The service level of the staff was the highpoint with nothing too much trouble for the well trained and attentive staff. We dined the evening before the wedding in the small private dining room and had a wonderful evening. Though we were a small wedding party, we had the total attention of senior staff who co-operated with registrars, florists, photographers and make-up and hair people making all go well like a well oiled machine. At no stage were we rushed and the hotel was a real home for the time we were there. Having the ceremony and reception and overnight stay all on the one site made for a trauma free experience. All in all generous rooms, big public areas, fine linen sheets and beautiful gardens all contributed to an enjoyable experience. The spa and pol area were well appointed and well used during our stay and the standard of housekeeping was 1st class. The only downside was that bar prices were more "London" than Midlands, but we had budgeted accordingly.

Room Tip: Great rooms are fully capable of taking two extra beds without being cramped and are ideal for famil...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband booked this time for our 18th Anniversarry (bless him!). I'd taken us there twice before and we adored it. Its a stunning place and the grounds and decor and, well everything are to die for!
It was a glorious day so we took our own picnic (Cowley can provide these too) and sat in the grounds enjoying the setting and warming up our return visit. We then enjoyed the spas outside pool - and all this before we even checked in! Its a cool chic area to relax in!
When we checked in we got a real surprise as they had remembered our celebration and given us the best room! They were so kind and really took care to make our day special.
The evening dinner was the usual delight. Faultless! I enjoyed the pre-dinner cocktails on the lawn outside - try the Cowley Shake - gorgeous! Loved the new Hammocks on the lawn!
All the rooms are amazing, but this time we got the best and could really appreciate the views and the stunning balconies. The bath products and mini bar treats are a wonderful extra!
Its the intangible stuff that makes this place a real treasure too - birds singing, the wonderful walks, a fab lightning storm at night, a quiet lounge near the bar.
Mostly couples there meant it was nice and quiet - which is our prefernce.
A faultless visit once again, and we will return year after year after year!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a lovely stay at Cowley Manor. The house, grounds and facilities were all really impressive and well maintained. We were well looked after at all times and the staff were friendly and accommodating. They all seemed to be rushed off their feet most of the time but were always polite.

We spent a lot of time at the spa and the indoor pool was particularly wonderful. My partner had a hot stones treatment and I had a deep tissue massage which were both great.

Despite some reviews offering negative comments about the food we thought the standard was very good, similar to a nice restaurant rather than fine dining which I don't think they claim to be.

Our room was attended to twice a day which meant towels were always fresh and products were topped up. We stayed in a 'Good' room which had Listed wood panel walls. This was an interesting and special room to stay in although rather warm. Perhaps it's good for a winter visit rather than summer. It had amazing views over the lake and grounds at the back of the house.

We stayed mid-week during term time and we were very surprised at the amount of children staying. This isn't ideal for us but didn't spoil the visit.

Overall, it was a really lovely place to stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanna_Hen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowley
Ellenborough Park
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#5 of 6 in Broadway
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,169 reviews

Been to Cowley Manor? Share your experiences!