“Golden wedding day”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cowley
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Golden wedding day”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have just spent our 50th wedding anniversary with ou r family at Cowley Manor. We've had a lovely time , the staff were so helpful and relaxed., the food was excellent and the views from the Garden Room are superb. I highly recommend it for a " special day"

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked Cowley Manor for 2 nights for a short break. It is a beautiful hotel, gorgeous grounds, amazing food and has a lovely spa with indoor pool. I had a fantastic facial, the weather was a little mixed so couldn't make use of the lovely outdoor swimming pool , even though heated. We ate at the Hotel both nights and the food was fantastic. Great staff, we felt completely at home and spoilt. Highly recommend it !

1 Thank Tina L
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked an overnight spa package with evening meal & treatments through lastminute.com. From the second I arrived, every tiny detail here took my breath away!!! After checking in I was given a tour of the building and had my bags carried to the room. We'd only booked a "better" room which was over three amazing storeys with a beautiful view of the courtyard. I cannot imagine how much nicer the upgraded rooms could have been!!!
The spa was incredible, with the 60 minute massage being the best I have EVER had & was so impressed with the music menu presented before your treatment starts :)
Restaurant/evening meal/bar/all waiting staff were fantastic. The next day we had a picnic out in the grounds. The only tiny let down in the whole experience was that at breakfast on both the Eggs Benedict and the Full English our eggs were overcooked... but I won't hold that against the place and cannot wait to return again some time soon!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just returned from a wonderful long weekend at Cowley. I've stayed at this hotel before and it never fails to disappoint. We paid around £375 a night for a room in the stable block which allowed us to bring our dog. This included a three course meal each night.
The grounds are some of the best I've seen anywhere and I love the waterfall. I also think the spa area is beautiful, particularly the outside pool. I would recommend having a hot stone back massage for £75 also.
Our room was lovely with an incredible bathroom and I love the toiletries. Only criticisms of the room, and I am nit-picking, is that the shower area smelled quite badly of damp and the plug and its holder on the bath were very dirty.
In terms of food, both nights we ate from the restaurant and each time it was very good.
We also paid £60 for a hotel picnic which was delivered in a hamper to us by the waterfall. This was really good fun but I think that £60 is too much for what you get. The food was of a high quality and homemade but it didn't include any drinks (a good supply was brought in a cooler but these were at an extra cost). I would be happier with the price if it included a half bottle of sparkling wine or white wine or something.
Will definitely return.

1 Thank eleanorlavish
Wales
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been staying at Cowley for about 12 years and have seen several changes of hotel management and the consequential impact.
12 years ago the place was uber cool, quiet, discrete and excellent service. Current manager Elliott has recaptured that sense of `Cowley` - a great place to chill out, great food, discretely friendly and attentive staff and Gilly at C Side ensures the spa is spotless and runs like clock work. Personal touches like a card in our room welcoming us back made me feel like I was `coming home`. Thank you

This is my third visit during the last few months.. already my husband and I are looking forward to the next time!

Room Tip: Each room has its own Cowley style... the more expensive rooms overlooking the lake are wonderful
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I often take my children here for afternoon tea and without fail it is always lovely. The children shared 2 afternoon teas which were presented on tiered plates with home-made soup, sandwiches & layers of the most wonderful home-made cakes. From battenbergs through to the most delicious melt-in-the-mouth scones served with homemade jam & clotted cream. Afterwards we walked in the stunning grounds & then played croquet on the lawn. An absolute must for a special family afternoon from Spring through to Autumn. Do go visit and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Emma C
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Cowley Manor for 5 days as a break away from London; we'd booked 2 rooms the first being a 'Better Room' in the Stable block and the second being the 'Good Room' in the main house. The rooms have a somewhat modern design, large with great amenities including the 'Green and Spring' bath products. Our honest opinion was that the 'Good Room' which is the cheaper option was actually better for our needs than the 'Better Room' which was essentially a larger sized 'Good Room'.
The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed walks, picnic in the 'Secret Garden' and lounging at the 'C-Side spa/pool'.
Overall we enjoyed the stay, the food was good (most of it enjoyed as room service) but my only gripe was that the DVD library was inadequate. My reason for saying this was that all that is on offer, is not actually available, due to a silly system of allowing guests to keep the DVDs without knowing when they were going to be returned; we in fact found a DVD still in the DVD player with the case actually in reception! My opinion would have been to have 1 day system so that the DVDs would be returned within 24hrs so that other guests would have been able to enjoy them also. Other than that we enjoyed the stay, the hotel staff seemed to want to make a pleasant one and I am pretty sure my husband would love to return again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsSAL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowley
Ellenborough Park
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Cowley Manor? Share your experiences!