“Bed & Breakfast with extras”
Review of Grey Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonehouse
Grey Cottage
Ranked #2 of 5 Stonehouse B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Lovely place to stay. Was sorry I was only there for 1 brief night. Lovely welcome from Rosemary. She thinks of everything. Even chocolate in the room! Bed amazingly comfortable. Can't recommend this place enough. Spotlessly clean as well

Room Tip: Am sure they're all wonderful. Lovely outlook on garden
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Janice G

Reviewed 18 October 2013

A charming cottage in a pretty garden with a lovely conservatory where Rosie entertained us to coffee and cake on our arrival. Our room (number 1) was large and tastefully furnished with everything you'd ever need (or you'd forgotten to bring !) thoughtfully provided. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom superb with yet more little details such as emergency shaving kit or toothbrush should you need them. Breakfast was astonishing, in quality, quantity and variety with raspberries and figs being a surprising but tasteful addition before the full English (other choices including fish are available). Rosie is charming, exceedingly helpful and a delight to converse with. Grey Cottage will be our number one choice for accomodation whenever we are in the area again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daedalus97
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed for one night in June and kicked myself for not staying there before, as it is the best overnight stay I have ever had in the area over many years - beating a number of independent hotels and other B&Bs hands-down. Wonderful attention to detail; delightful and welcoming hostess; comfortable room and all mod cons. Rosie made me a delicious and filling 5* star breakfast. I shall stay there again - often!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed with Rosie at the Grey Cottage last weekend when I attended a nearby wedding. She couldn't have done more for us and insisted dropping us at the church early to save our high heels and, as she insisted, to get good seats. We did.
The attention to detail is beyond anything I have experienced before. From having tea and cake delivered to your room on arrival, a comprehensive array of bathroom goodies, really soft sheets and even alarm clocks and slippers. Really, there is nothing that hasn't been thought of, prepared or offered.
The breakfast also failed to disappoint. A full menu in addition to a table groaning with 5 types of bread, ceareals of all descriptions, jams and marmite!
Rosie is a fabulous host and welcomes you from the heart into her home. I would recommend The Grey Cottage above any other B&B for miles and miles around. We will return. Thanks Rosie.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

As part of a party of six girls walking the Cotswold Way, three of us stayed with Rosie. It was the best B&B we have ever stayed in. The attention to detail by Rosie was amazing, nothing was forgotten. Breakfast was wonderful, and Rosie,s stories were so interesting. On my list of places to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doreen H
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights at this B&B and loved the place! I received a warm welcome on my arrival to a pot of tea, cake and a chat. The place was immaculate, the garden was beautiful and the room and bed were so comfy and included a selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate. Other contents included sewing kit, shoeshine, hot water bottle, torch and a shoehorn. Bathrooms have also recently been re-furbished with the bath tub being a nice size too!

Breakfast was beautifully presented with plenty of options and was delicious and kept me going for the rest of the day! I'm also glad I opted for the evening meal as it was wonderful, I could hardly move afterwards I was so full! Will definitely go back and will be recommending the place to family and friends. Thanks so much for a great stay Rosey, you're a star!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We recently stayed one night whilst travelling and found this to be an excellent B & B. Rosemary made us very welcome, serving us tea and cake in the garden on our arrival. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, with a great ensuite shower, plus bath. Breakfast was delicious with lots of options!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple