“Friendliest hostess of the year.”
Review of Grey Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonehouse
Grey Cottage
Ranked #2 of 5 Stonehouse B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Wow! First of all, absolutely stunning stonehouse! The interior was wonderfully cosy with a real fireplace. There were multiple certificates for the Friendliest Landlady of the Year and it's not hard to see why. My boyfriend and I were warmly welcomed after a chilly day out with tea, some delicious German pastries & Christmas fruit cake, and nice conversation. Rosy is so genuine and kind, she is made simply made for this!

Room was spacious & spotless, with a very charming quality. Our room (Room 3) was equipped with an external private facilities. Bathroom was extremely clean and comfortable for use. Had a good night's rest.

Breakfast was great with home baked bread. It is obvious that Rosy takes pride in her cooking and she chooses the best ingredients for her food. Further, when we left we were dismayed to find that my boyfriend had left his mobile lead in the room. Rosy emailed us to request for a UK address to post it to, which is just great of her. Would definitely return again and again!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 which is overlooking the garden hedge. Do note that the bathrooms are located ex...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lim_Eleanor

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Where to start...simply lovely. Rosy was so welcoming and I felt as if I had been welcomed home. I was at the beautiful Grey Cottage for 2 nights for a friend's wedding at Kingscote Barn nearby.

On arrival, I was spoilt with a pot of tea and a homemade mincemeat tart- amazing! I was shown to my lovely and clean room with an incredible selection of goodies. The bathroom was pristine and the shower is incredible!

Breakfast- WOW!! Fresh fruit and yoghurt, cereals, toast and preserves, full english, omelettes, smoked haddock, kippers..... yummy!

This cosy home from home is the perfect stay for anyone in the area. A true gem. Thank you Rosy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Megan H
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had a lovely two night stay at Rosie's Grey cottage this weekend for my friend's wedding at nearby Kingscote Barn. We were welcomed with tea and mincemeat tart and shown to our lovely, very clean room. I have never seen such a selection of tea! The little details make the place, sewing kit in the draw, little bars of green and blacks chocolate, boxes of raisins.. I could go on. The breakfast selection was fantastic with a variety of cereals and bread to toast to your own taste, fresh fruit and yoghurt and then a menu to choose your main (smoked haddocks, eggs and soldiers, full English). Overall we had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nickywhiffin
Reviewed 2 December 2013

That pretty much sums up how I felt whilst staying at Rosemary's place for the night. She is a delight and incredibly accommodating with unbelievable attention to detail, there were so many lovely items that she provides in the rooms and bathrooms. Unfortunately I am on a strict diet so diet experience her legendary cooking but I'll be making sure that I return with my husband next year. If you want a pristine, cosy and friendly B&B then you can't get much better than Rosemary's.

Room Tip: I've seen them all and they are all lovely, there are two big doubles which looked lovely. I st...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank W0lfy
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights - never had such a wonderful experience. A fantastic welcome from Rosie who is the most charming and friendly person, and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was immaculate, as was the beautiful bathroom, and the attention to detail is impossible to fault. The food, and the choice, was absolutley excellent. It really was very special, and we will definitely be staying there again. Thank you Rosie for your warmth and hospitality, we loved being with you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 656andreww
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Grey Cottage was our final stop on our walk of the north half of the Cotswold Way. The B&B is conveniently located, about a half-mile off the trail and easy to find – and there is a pub en-route. Rosie is a charming hostess and welcomed us with tea and cake in her sunny conservatory. She has been in the hospitality business for years and her love of and affinity for her work is evident. The B&B is comfortable and spotless. Remarkably, the white carpeting is immaculate, even with Rosie welcoming walkers! We chatted until dinnertime and were also offered a ride to the pub. Upon our return, we greatly appreciated the large, modern, and spotless bath as well as the comfy bed (with turn down service). In the morning, we awoke to a magnificent breakfast. We were happy to be offered a choice of items other than the Full English and were astonished at the detail of presentation, all the way to the hand-rolled butter. Our next stop was Bath, by car, an arrangement made for us by Rosie.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ojerio
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We only stayed one night but look forward to staying again. Rosie made us feel very much at home while providing all the luxuries you would expect in an expensive hotel: Dressing gown, slippers, fine toiletries, TV, drinks and snacks, a wonderful comfortable bed and a beautiful bathroom and the evening meal and breakfast she prepared for us were excellent too. The Grey Cottage (Rosie really) has won many awards and thoroughly deserves them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank drtl2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonehouse
Stonehouse Court
#2 of 2 in Stonehouse
The Kings Head Inn
The Kings Head Inn
#4 of 5 in Stonehouse

Been to Grey Cottage? Share your experiences!