This is one of the few hotels in the area that offer a 24 hour Reception. They really can and do welcome guests arriving after midnight!
The hotel is situated on the busy A419 Bristol Road but is set far enough back in its spacious grounds for traffic noise not to be a problem.
There are a number of grand rooms in the original building (smaller on the top floor) but most are in a modern extension to the rear, which meanders into the rear garden. These rooms are adequate, but not what one might be expecting from the name of the hotel. It can be quite confusing working one's way back to the breakfast room from some of the more remote "garden rooms".
Breakfast offers a good selection (cooked to order) and evening restaurant meals are good too. There is also a bar and a large sitting area at the front of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 17th Century Manor House is set in 6 acres of stunning grounds overlooking the Stroud Water Canal and rolling hills of the Stroud Valley. Our attractive gardens and lawns are the perfect place for a peaceful stroll, glass of Pimms or even a game of Croquet the most traditional of English summer pastimes! You can enjoy the fragrances of our flowerbeds, the breathtaking views or take the time to simply unwind. An arched gateway leads from the end of the garden through to the canal from where you can explore the countryside beyond.In the main Manor House you'll find our restaurant, terrace, bar, conference suites and some guest rooms. Our Garden Wing comprises further guest rooms and the Caroline Suite offers extensive banqueting and conferencing facilities.We are an ideal venue for wonderful weddings. Magnificent grounds and gardens will provide the all important backdrop for stunning wedding photos and the attention to detail will be remarkable in every way to make your day unique and memorable.So whatever the reason for your visit you will receive a warm welcome and a very pleasant stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonehouse Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonehouse Court Hotel Stonehouse
- Court Hotel Stonehouse
- Stonehouse Court Gloucestershire