We booked this through Groupon and it was sold to us as a stay in a 17th Century Manor House, however, on arrival we were directed to our room, the journey to which was arduous to say the least! Up and down stairs and through corridors, which seemed to go on for ever. When we finally got to the room we gained entry but the key got stuck in the lock. When we reported this to reception, we were told, "Room 48?,oh that happens all the time". The room itself was ok but probably built in the 1980s! The shower was just a trickle, the TV was ancient and too low to view, however, thank goodness the bed was comfortable.
On a positive note, the evening meal was good although the dining room was in a poor state of repair, the staff were friendly though not very helpful. All-in-all a very disappointing visit when compared to the publicity information.
On departure we informed the receptionist of our disappointment and was told that the manager would give us a ring - we are still waiting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 17th Century Manor House is set in 6 acres of stunning grounds overlooking the Stroud Water Canal and rolling hills of the Stroud Valley. Our attractive gardens and lawns are the perfect place for a peaceful stroll, glass of Pimms or even a game of Croquet the most traditional of English summer pastimes! You can enjoy the fragrances of our flowerbeds, the breathtaking views or take the time to simply unwind. An arched gateway leads from the end of the garden through to the canal from where you can explore the countryside beyond.In the main Manor House you'll find our restaurant, terrace, bar, conference suites and some guest rooms. Our Garden Wing comprises further guest rooms and the Caroline Suite offers extensive banqueting and conferencing facilities.We are an ideal venue for wonderful weddings. Magnificent grounds and gardens will provide the all important backdrop for stunning wedding photos and the attention to detail will be remarkable in every way to make your day unique and memorable.So whatever the reason for your visit you will receive a warm welcome and a very pleasant stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonehouse Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonehouse Court Hotel Stonehouse
- Court Hotel Stonehouse
- Stonehouse Court Gloucestershire