I booked Stonehouse Court Hotel for a 1 night stay using a Wowcher voucher, which as always was amazing value. The historic manor house is a beautiful building & we were delighted to be in room 14 on the 3rd floor with amazing views across the gardens & countryside. There did not appear to be a lift to that older part of the building but the stairs were well worth it and we were offered help with our cases. Our room was spacious & well furnished with twin beds, a large wardrobe, dressing table and two armchairs. Interesting & colourful artwork on the walls.There was a flat screen TV, magazines and a well stocked supply of tea, coffee and biscuits. The bathroom was large and spotlessly clean with both a bath & shower. A 2 course meal was included & was of a good standard. We paid a supplement for a 3rd course and a bottle of wine. The hotel staff were friendly & efficient. I asked about the history of the house & was instantly provided with an information sheet. There is a small bar open 24 hours for residents, and a lovely terrace area for drinks, snacks or afternoon tea. We strolled through the delightful gardens and through the gate, to find a beautiful stretch of the Stroud Canal & an historic church. We loved this hotel & all it had to offer & will return .There is an annexe of more modern accommodation with a covered walkway to the manor house, but it obviously does not have the character, charm or panoramic like the main house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 17th Century Manor House is set in 6 acres of stunning grounds overlooking the Stroud Water Canal and rolling hills of the Stroud Valley. Our attractive gardens and lawns are the perfect place for a peaceful stroll, glass of Pimms or even a game of Croquet the most traditional of English summer pastimes! You can enjoy the fragrances of our flowerbeds, the breathtaking views or take the time to simply unwind. An arched gateway leads from the end of the garden through to the canal from where you can explore the countryside beyond.In the main Manor House you'll find our restaurant, terrace, bar, conference suites and some guest rooms. Our Garden Wing comprises further guest rooms and the Caroline Suite offers extensive banqueting and conferencing facilities.We are an ideal venue for wonderful weddings. Magnificent grounds and gardens will provide the all important backdrop for stunning wedding photos and the attention to detail will be remarkable in every way to make your day unique and memorable.So whatever the reason for your visit you will receive a warm welcome and a very pleasant stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonehouse Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonehouse Court Hotel Stonehouse
- Court Hotel Stonehouse
- Stonehouse Court Gloucestershire