“Fantastic find”
Review of Old Badger Inn

Old Badger Inn
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Stonehouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Traditional Freehouse, serving Real Ales and Quality Homemade Menu both Lunchtime and Evening.
Ascot, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My elderly mother lives near Stonehouse and we were looking for a new restaurant/pub to go to for lunch. The Old Badger Inn came up in the search engines and it came up trumps.
I had a goats cheese salad and my mother had the pasta dish. Their home made garlic foccacia (sp) bread was out of this world. The empty plates said it all - really tasty food and a wonderful spot for lunch.
There was also an Ale and Cider festival on the go, and we were given tastes of all the Ciders on display, before settling on one we could enjoy with our lunch.
The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and this will now become our pub of choice whenever we go to visit my mother.

• Visited May 2014

“Lunch”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We had a Sunday lunch.
Service good.
We had Roast beef.
This is a sunday lunch worth traveling for. Lovely.

1 Thank flintellie
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Mothers Day”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have a large Family so booked well in advance and it was well worth it, we have been to this pub a few times and it just gets better. The food was absolutely Fabulous, I enjoyed the Lamb my god it was mouth watering, the vegetables were beautiful and you got loads. My Sister in-law tried the Marsh mellows in a chocolate sauce and oh my god they were divine, Thanks Chef i will be back for more.
A big thank you to all staff who made us feel welcome and gave an excellent service, and thank you very much by giving all the mothers a beautiful Flower in a tub. I recommend this pub to anyone you have to try it you wont be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I strongly recommend this amazing place. We have been here 3 times - tapas and Sunday roast. On all 3 occasions a warm welcome, good range of beers and food has been very good. No menu on a Sunday just a straight roast nice and simple. Tapas on a Friday with a wide range and all dishes seemed fresh and served promptly. Great atmosphere, nice garden and great service - this is what happens when you employ the right number of staff. I will continue to shout About this place because so rare to find somewhere get it right every time - recommend a visit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RobBurrows
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Sunday Roast”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a fantastic venue.
Absolutely brilliant service and food.
Need to book really, as the full place - speaks for itself.... though on this occasion - the Staff did put themselves out to accommodate us.
Seems to always be some event - they have planned and advertised too, so versatile and great atmosphere.
Best eating establishment in the area - by far.

• Visited April 2014