“Could do better”
Review of Coffee#1 Thornbury

Coffee#1 Thornbury
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Thornbury
Description: Award-winning coffee, cakes and pastries for breakfast, lunch and tea. Comfy sofas, beautiful interiors and cosy corners that you can hide away in for a quiet half an hour are as important to us as the cake we serve and the service we give. Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've been visiting this coffee house since it was converted from a video rental store. I've also been to their sister shops in both Westbury-on-Trymm and Chipping Sodbury. In Thornbury there are now several other coffee houses and unfortunately Coffee #1 hasn't kept up with the times both in terms of price and quality. Their large Americano (to drink in), as an example, is amongst one of the most expensive cup of coffee in Thornbury. Having tried the same drink at several other establishments I can say with all honesty that they need to re-test the quality/finish of the coffee beans they use - there are some much better alternatives in Thornbury.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Every time I am back home I come in to Coffee #1 to catch up with friends and have never had a bad experience.

Thornbury was crying out for a good coffee place and then up popped Coffee #1! The coffee is really tasty (a much nicer brew than your standard chain!) and is just the right strength, the staff are friendly and the cakes are very, very nice! My one criticism would be that the sandwiches are quite overpriced but there are lots of good cakes at reasonable prices to make up for it.

Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My husband raves about this place so my friends & I visited it when we were in Thornbury & weren't disappointed. The coffees were great, staff were efficient & venue had a nice relaxing feel with plenty of seating. They had a nice range of cakes which all looked delicious. I'll be back!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Only place in Thornbury who serve coffee correctly and know the differences between the different types of coffee.U.K. is not yet a coffee drinking nation, and will never be unless everybody is a properly trained Barista as they are in Coffee 1!
Always choose this place over anywhere else for that reason.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is a clean, well staffed and consistent provider of coffee, hot chocolate and pasties
Seriously if you are in need of a coffee with some cakes delivered by smiling, happy and competent staff then this is the place to go