“Good family day out”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good family day out”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our first time visiting Cattle Country. Having read the reviews we roughly knew what to expect. As its very early in the season I thought it would look quite fresh and clean but it looked quite tired in places and could have done with a clean and freshen up.
Despite this our 3 year old thoroughly enjoyed the facilities especially the play barns and play area in the main field.
The tractor ride was a real hit however only 1 out of the 3 tractors was working much to the disappointment of other children waiting.
There were quite a lot of weeds around the site especially in and around the trampolines and swings. Our little one brushed up against the nettles along the main path unfortunately and they were actually taller than him!
The cafe was clean and the food was ok. The ice cream shop staff were very efficient and polite and the ice cream was delicious.
I think it needs weeding, a bit of cleaning and a splash of paint just to make it more welcoming.
Overall it was a good family day out.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Lill2005

Thornbury, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Will come again”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited Cattle Country with my 19 month, my wife a several other families with kids the same age.

We all really enjoyed it, lots of open space for the kids to run around in and lots of activities for them to get involved with.

My daughter loved the giant sand pit, the slides, the animals and the train. I liked the space and picnic tables, this felt like they were encouraging you to bring a picnic rather than eating over priced junk food as in parks.

People have commented that its a bit expensive, it is slightly more than other places but all you have to do is check the website before you decide to visit so I think this is unfair.

My tip would be to only take into the park what you need and leave everything else in the car until you need it, ie wet weather gear, picnic, buggies etc. The car park is very close and you can get your hand stamped to walk in and out freely.

The only things I'd like to see changed would be to replace all the broken buckets in the sandpit and add a few more animals, from the park name I was expecting a few more!

Other than that it's great and I would consider buying a season ticket next year when my daughter is bigger and able to make the most of more of the park.

1 Thank GJ125
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good for young children”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Took my 6-year old and her friend , they both enjoyed themselves! Plenty for kids to do and not too expensive compared with other places. Like others have said on here, the name is a little mis-leading as Cattle Country is really a play/adventure park, not an animal park (there are a few). Everywhere was tidy and clean and all the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful.

My only concerns were the mix of ages in the play barns; teenagers jumping around are not a good idea when there are small children around. We did point this out to the member of staff on hand. Also the cafe was slow even though it wasn't that busy, maybe some more experienced supervision would help. That said the food was reasonably priced and tasty.

All-in-all a good day for small children

1 Thank P M
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Loads of space and fun for all ages”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We visited Cattle Country for the first time with our two young children, they loved the Castle and play barn with the slides in particular. The entry price was pretty reasonable especially with the vouchercloud 3 for 2 deal. There is so much space for the children to run round and although it was busy it didn't feel it. The only slight disappointment was that down the bottom of the park everything was extra £, for example the train, digger, golf etc albeit the entry price is cheaper than other similar venues. We felt it would be good on rainy days too as there is indoor stuff. You could spend all day here, we will definitely go back soon.

1 Thank Hannah Y
Viviane18
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A big favourite with us.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Have been going to CC since summer 2012, on a fairly regular basis. Bought a Season ticket then, and since, it make sense. Money well spent as my daughter lives very close by. Each year improvements are made and I feel the Staff are very open to suggestions.
Love the new sand barn but a bit concerned to notice paw prints in it today and lots of broken buckets & spades. Could be dangerous.
Food was pretty good, but tea was very average .... avoid !!
Train timetable a bit hit & miss, pity we could not disembark at the Petting Area too. The train was full, so more runs would be nice.
We avoid things that need extra payment, apart from the train, so it works out ok price-wise.
On the whole, for us it is a great place to spend a few hours with the children and we go again & again and will continue to do so.

1 Thank Viviane18