“Let Down By Poor Information & Arrogant Staff.”
Review of Hyde Leisure Pool

Hyde Leisure Pool
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Hyde
Manchester, England.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Let Down By Poor Information & Arrogant Staff.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The website for the venue is misleading. The home page shows a picture of the pool and the words 'Hyde Leisure Pool' underneath it. The 'Opening Times' tab is listed next to other key features on the home page, such as 'parking' and 'child admission policy', however, after wasting our time visiting to use the pool, the times only relate to the gym and not the pool. The pool wasn't open for general access. Another family had arriving at the same time had made the same 'mistake'. To top it off the obnoxius lady on reception in the afternoon was the icing on the cake. Using her insider knowledge of the website as something she felt everyone should have be aware of! We won't be returning any time soon.

Visited March 2014
12 Thank gfawkes_9

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dated”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The entrance cafe gym and all depts have been upgraded but the pool itself I dont rate. Very hevily chlorinated smells to strong. The bottom of the pool is dated and needs to be replaced to prevent bacteria and mould forming. This is Also present on the metal rails leadig up one side of pool. It feels A little dirty round the edges in the actual pool. But changin rooms and showers excellent thermal suite ALWAYS RING before you go as sometimes sauna And or steam rm not working. Must ring ahead to avoid dissapointment. My lad loves it though dont mind once in a while

Visited March 2014
1 Thank bugreview
Manchester
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A fun time had by three 10 year olds.....”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

....and a very acceptable café for me to sit in with half decent coffee. I took my son and two other 10 year olds. They stayed in for 2 hours until it closed and had a great time. Plenty of parking outside. A bit low on changing cubicles - we stayed until the end and had to wait about 10 minutes for a cubicle. Slide - really good. Waves - great. Rapids a bit tame although much more fun when the waves were on.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jayne M
uk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fanatastic day out”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great for fun swimming they have it all,

Waves, Rapids, Jets and a water slide,

We love it here,

The prices do seem high for adults
Swimming Adult £5.10

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It was not very clean, and I expected it to be. It was too busy, and we into the pool, and were called out again in what seemed like an hour. I am not pleased, but I may go back again, and I hope it has changed. My younger siblings quite enjoyed it, especially the water shoots! I would go back again, but not all the time. I did quite enjoy the slide, though there was quite a long queue. I recommend that there is no time limit, as that spoils your fun.

Visited November 2012