“Nice food, great views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hare & Hounds Inn

Hare & Hounds Inn
Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Hyde
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Hare & Hounds is situated in the popular country park known as Werneth Low, some 800 feet above sea level with panoramic views overlooking five counties! Outside there is a telescope positioned on the patio for customers to survey the stunning views. Being close to Manchester Airport, planes can be seen banking down almost at eye level! Historically this used to be a farmhouse with two cottages owned and run by a local farmer. At one stage part of the area outside was a racecourse so many locals would come to watch the horses. In the car park there is a WW2 bunker which housed telephone lines and connections to Whitehall. Going even further back in time there is an ancient burial ground in the field next door! Coming back to the present day this destination food house has nooks and crannies, three open fires and a total of 148 covers inside and a further 80 outside for the summer months. Like all Chef & Brewer pubs we employ high quality Chefs who have superb kitchen facilities. The food can be chosen from a main menu or unique Specials from the chalk boards which allow our Chefs to show their flair! You will be served meals which have been prepared from the freshest of ingredients and cooked to order. To complement your meal there is an extensive choice of quality wines or real ales and other drinks are available at the bar. Alongside our dining clientele we welcome many from the local farming community, ramblers and visitors to the park who pop in for just a drink. This helps to make us a relaxed, comfortable all round pub. You can be sure of a quality experience when coming to the Hare & Hounds
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice food, great views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Visited Tuesday 5th August as part of a group of 7.

The vews from the pub are stunning on a lovely, clear evening.

I had the duck wings to start with and the sirloin steak for main. Both were cooked to perfection and the service was fantastic.

After the meal we had a few drinks in the main pub. The bar staff were friendly, one even took a pic of us all when we were trying to take a group photo - top class service!

I cannot wait to return!

• Visited August 2014

Hyde, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been to the Hare and Hounds on a few occasions for food now and each time has been really nice.
I would recommend booking on a Friday / Saturday night as it can get quite busy. It is quite big inside too, you don't realise from the front of the bar area how many tables they can accommodate.
The Mediterranean chicken with cous cous and red pepper sauce is fabulous! the lamb is also very tender so is worth a try!
Service is also very good and if you sign up to their newsletter they email offers each week / fortnight with some great savings on wines, puddings and starters so well worth doing beforehand!

If its a nice day / evening it gets very busy outside especially weekends. So if you want a table outside I would recommend getting there early!

cheshire
“FOOD WAS VERY GOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went here this afternoon. the food was lovely but the service was awful. We got there about 3.15 pm and then had to wait for 20 mins for to be seated, it wasn't full, just nobody came to seat us. then they put us in this small square which was lovely and quiet but the waitresses seemed to forget about us there. they came to take our drinks but then we waited for about 20 mins for them to come back to see what we wanted to eat. we ordered the starter and the main course. Lunch goes upto 4.00 pm then it started evening meals. Not once we were told to order everything at once other wise we would have to pay extra for the desserts. So by the time we ate and waited another 15 mins for the waitress to come to see if we wanted dessert it was past 4.00 but we thought as we already ordered off the lunch time menu the dessert would be the same price, but no when we came to pay they had put the dessert evening meal price on not the lunch time price which I think was disgusting. So please beware.

“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I visited on a very busy sunny day and was extremely happy with the food as I heard not so good reviews after looking on here, the service was excellent and couldn't fault it I was served by a lovely young lady called Ruby who gave her everything to make sure me and my family had a pleasant visit, I would like to say well done to all staff at Hare and Hounds. I will be visiting again!!!

“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! Been here a few times and after my visit this week I thought I should tell everyone how lovely it is!
Food is really tasty and reasonably priced, view is out of this world overlooking the whole of Manchester & service is amazing especially the blonde lady called Helen :-D