1,483 results
All reviews spa treatments leisure facilities the pub swimming pool leisure club steam room public house would stay again restaurant staff bar area course meal manchester friday sky carvery
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel 24 hours before the stay and found it to be good value for money.The staff were friendly and eventhough there was a wedding to cater for the staff were keen to make all the other guests as much a priority.The great thing about the stay was the station being 5 minutes away taking you directly to manchester piccadily in just 20 mins for £3.60 return.The rooms had a lot of dust/cobwebs but that was the only snag really

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was supposed to be our Christmas night out... We had (50 of us) each paid a tenner and work paid the same, so 20 quid per head, extremely poor value for money.. The first course was tomato soup which tasted like it had come from the brew machine at work which is 15p per cup, served with a tiny bread roll and tiny pat of butter, and you could taste the microwave heated taste. Main course was supposed to be turkey or salmon but both looked the same, and again, very tiny portions. 3rd course was christmas pud & custard but again the portion size was dreadful, the majority pushed their plates away and refused to eat it, myself, I ate mine and walked out. I won't be coming back here, nor can I recommend it to others. I personally don't believe that I got more than 4 quids worth of food for the twenty that was paid.

Read all the reviews, they can't all be wrong. Stay away from here it's absolutely awful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Manchester Hyde, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Hyde. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

I am sorry you felt your visit to us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments and they are being followed up by each department manager.

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

If you would like to discuss in further detail please contact me on the details below.

Kind Regards

Emily O'Hara

Marketing Media Executive

Ashton and Hyde Village Hotels

emily.ohara@village-hotels.com

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Basically it's not such a bad hotel, but there are just too many things I did not like.
Internet very slow, some pages like Yahoo I could not open at all.
Nice big flat Screen TV, but only BBC, Sky Sports and News and a Music channel. So a Desaster for somebody from the continent unless you are into typical british TV and Estenders.
Breakfast is ok, but just terrible filter coffee... onless you get your coffee at the Starbucks for a couple extra Pounds.
My room was at the end of the Hotel, quite a walk including 5 doors. And then the same long walk to get to the car which was some times right in front of my room. There are doors in the back of the hotel as well, but you are not allowed to use them.
BTW, the parkinglot is wide spread. There are many people using the Gym there and I saw twice sporty girls ready to workout using to disabled parking lot next to the door. Wonder whether that is tolerated.
I also choose the place because I like sauna in winter... but unfortunately it was closed all through my stay.
All that combined and put in comparison with other places my judgement is only 2 dots.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Good - staff are friendly and helpful.

Bad - pretty much everything else.

My twin room (no doubles available) was rather tired looking and uninviting. Bathroom looks like something I would expect in a Travelodge. I would have tried the room service, but the phone didn't seem to have a direct dial to room service or reception and there were no menus in the room with instructions.

No problem, I'll starve and do some work.... assuming I can get an internet connection. The internet connection is described on the login page as 'v free' and 'v fast'. It was free, but so slow that it was simply impossible to do any work that required a connection.

Someone else on TA has mentioned that the breakfast consists of cheap sausages and cheap bacon. I can't disagree.

I wouldn't stay here again, even if you paid me.

Room Tip: Don't.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hotel was a reasonable price and I had two nights bed and breakfast. Staff were very pleasant and the room was clean and tidy. I had two problems. On the second evening (Friday) being extremely tired I retired to bed early. I was rudely awoken at 10pm by live music in the hotel that continued until 1am and the room reverberated all through this period.
After breakfast on the second morning (Saturday) I had a quick shower. It was quick because there was no hot water.
I mentioned both points when I checked out and received the responses there was nothing they could do about the music (the live music was in the hotel) anf everyone had showered at the same time (not judging by the number of people sat having breakfast).

Room Tip: Get one as far away from reception as possible
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo