1,483 results
All reviews spa treatments leisure facilities the pub swimming pool leisure club steam room public house would stay again restaurant staff bar area course meal manchester friday sky carvery
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Came here as my early Christmas present from my boyfriend. The hotel was lovely! Nice and quite when we arrived late afternoon on a Saturday!!
We checked in and are room was okay for what we needed the double bed was huge and so comfortable we went down for tea. When they told us the restaurant was closed to guests as there was a Christmas party on. So we could eat in the pub! The pub was full of pre party guest no where to sit. When we asked a member of the victory pub team they replied its a Christmas party so you'll have to grab a table when you can. My partner was so annoyed as to my surprise he made plans for us to be at the phones 4 u arena for a concert so we were on a tight schedule! So we asked a main reception where can we eat they replied the pub when we said it was full the girl just shrugged her shoulders and replied there a shopping park down the road you an go there. My partner was furious he wanted to no why he wasn't told when booking that there won't be anywhere to eat. Other than this we had a lovely time the dinning area at breakfast was a bit cramped we were placed in the centre of the walk way up to the buffet where other guest would knock you! If we were to come up to Manchester again we defiantly try another de vere.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed in room 228 on 14th dec for 1 night. The rate was £69.99 inc breakfast for a double. With free parking and £3.20 return for the train into Manchester it was ideal.

The hotel was free gym/pool etc. Would visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel 24 hours before the stay and found it to be good value for money.The staff were friendly and eventhough there was a wedding to cater for the staff were keen to make all the other guests as much a priority.The great thing about the stay was the station being 5 minutes away taking you directly to manchester piccadily in just 20 mins for £3.60 return.The rooms had a lot of dust/cobwebs but that was the only snag really

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was supposed to be our Christmas night out... We had (50 of us) each paid a tenner and work paid the same, so 20 quid per head, extremely poor value for money.. The first course was tomato soup which tasted like it had come from the brew machine at work which is 15p per cup, served with a tiny bread roll and tiny pat of butter, and you could taste the microwave heated taste. Main course was supposed to be turkey or salmon but both looked the same, and again, very tiny portions. 3rd course was christmas pud & custard but again the portion size was dreadful, the majority pushed their plates away and refused to eat it, myself, I ate mine and walked out. I won't be coming back here, nor can I recommend it to others. I personally don't believe that I got more than 4 quids worth of food for the twenty that was paid.

Read all the reviews, they can't all be wrong. Stay away from here it's absolutely awful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Manchester Hyde, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Hyde. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

I am sorry you felt your visit to us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments and they are being followed up by each department manager.

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

If you would like to discuss in further detail please contact me on the details below.

Kind Regards

Emily O'Hara

Marketing Media Executive

Ashton and Hyde Village Hotels

emily.ohara@village-hotels.com

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Basically it's not such a bad hotel, but there are just too many things I did not like.
Internet very slow, some pages like Yahoo I could not open at all.
Nice big flat Screen TV, but only BBC, Sky Sports and News and a Music channel. So a Desaster for somebody from the continent unless you are into typical british TV and Estenders.
Breakfast is ok, but just terrible filter coffee... onless you get your coffee at the Starbucks for a couple extra Pounds.
My room was at the end of the Hotel, quite a walk including 5 doors. And then the same long walk to get to the car which was some times right in front of my room. There are doors in the back of the hotel as well, but you are not allowed to use them.
BTW, the parkinglot is wide spread. There are many people using the Gym there and I saw twice sporty girls ready to workout using to disabled parking lot next to the door. Wonder whether that is tolerated.
I also choose the place because I like sauna in winter... but unfortunately it was closed all through my stay.
All that combined and put in comparison with other places my judgement is only 2 dots.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business