1,500 results
All reviews spa treatments leisure facilities the pub leisure club steam room public house would stay again lovely hotel course meal great facilities coffee machine good nights sleep gym manchester
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed there with my partner in December as we wanted to do Christmas shopping in Manchester. We were really pleased to have found a room for only £54 (£108 for Fri and Sat). We paid £20 for a taxi to get to the city centre however in total it was less than paying for pricey hotels in Manchester.
Our room 105 had everything we needed (we were out most of the time) however it was pretty small. Bathroom with a bath was good as well. All clean and tidy.
I was pleased to be able to use their swimming pool - they offer great facilities.
Breakfast was included in the price of our stay and it was pretty good as well (carvery style breakfast, fruits, muesli, juices etc).

We had a meal in their bar and I need to admit we didn't expect it to be so good! VIVA super food salad was very tasty and we even make a similar one at home :)

They had an organised party on both nights and the music was pretty loud. We struggled to fall asleep as our room was pretty much above their restaurant. If I need to stay again in De Vere Village Hotel, I would make sure I ask for a room in a different part of the hotel so noise doesn't disturb me.

Big thank you to a lovely receptionist who checked us in and he was very helpful whenever we needed any help.

Room tip: Rooms situated on higher floor should have less noise (they had quite a few parties in December)
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here in between Xmas and NY to see family in the area. I used to use the Village gym years ago, so knew that there was a good gym and swimming pool. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom, however, wasn't so good! There was black mould around the shower, and lots of it! The hand wash dispenser was empty and there was no soap available, apart from the shower gel, to wash your hands.

The breakfast was nice, with plenty of choice, and the staff were friendly and attentive.

One downside was the bar food. We had met friends for a couple of drinks and decided to have a light bite. This was a big mistake as the food was of a poor quality and looked like it had been warmed through in a microwave. We didn't eat in the restaurant so cannot comment on the quality of the food there.

Overall, for the price, this is an ok place to stay. My recommendation to the hotel would be to give the place a lick of paint, upgrade their TV system (very bad picture) and re-tile the bathrooms!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Manchester Hyde, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Hyde. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

I am sorry you felt your visit to us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments and they are being followed up by each department manager.

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Since your review we have now started our bedroom improvements and are introducing our 6 upperdeck bedrooms, we feel this will improve our bedrooms quaility and we are working as hard as we can do do this as a fast pace.

If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Come on De Vere. This hotel is a poor relation to the Ashton under Lyne hotel just a couple of miles away. It's just not up to scratch. Dim and dingy decor, no atmosphere. The bar was like a back street pub full of blokes watching the football drinking pints. The room was tired, grubby even. No toiletries provided and even the soap dispenser in the bathroom was empty, and the last residents talc all over the door. Dirty tile grout and cruddy shower fittings. No wardrobe just a chrome rail that looked like King Kong had swung from it. As for having the Starbucks in the reception area, it just looks cheap, tacky and lazy on behalf of the hotel in that they can't have a nice comfortable area to have a relaxing coffee that's Village branded. Also what's the point of wifi if the signal is so poor you can't use it? Surely Devere must be looking to sell this place on by now? Ok if all you need us a bed for the night.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Manchester Hyde, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Dinoloia,

If you would like to discuss further please contact me on the details below

Kind Regards

Emily O'Hara
emily.ohara@village-hotels.com

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with family and we had two double rooms with breakfast included. Arrived late afternoon and was greeted by friendly reception staff. I asked if we could have rooms in a quieter part of the hotel and they accommodated this without any fuss. The rooms were nice and big and clean. Breakfast was self service buffet which was lovely and again really friendly team in restaurant. The only poor thing was that the hotel advertises WiFi in all the rooms but it was so incredibly slow, it wasn't worth using it. Other than that a great hotel with friendly staff and plenty of parking. Would go back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here overnight, can't complain about anything, the room was clean, the staff friendly and very obliging, we had a good time, it was very busy with Christmas Functions, but even so, no congestion at the bar, ordered some food in the bar area, no long delays couldn't fault the food all in all we would definately recommend this hotel.

Room tip: All rooms at this hotel are excellent, tea/coffee facilities, iron/ironing board, hairdryer all provided in rooms