1,483 results
All reviews spa treatments leisure facilities the pub swimming pool leisure club steam room public house would stay again restaurant staff bar area course meal manchester friday sky carvery
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good hotel. Though breakfast mediocre only warm needs more attention the breakfast as not changed since our previous visits needs to be hotter and fresher. Bit of a let down over breakfast. Also the cook had to down the veggie sausage.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Manchester Hyde, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review regarding your recent stay.
I can confirm that since this review we have a brand new breakfast chef which has improved our breakfast service and quality. We hope you do visit us again in the future so you can sample our improvements first hand.
Again thank you for your feedback - without customers like you we cant improve our services.

Kind Regards

Emily O'Hara
emily.ohara@village-hotels.com

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed over the Christmas period and have stayed here many times over the years as it's close to family, I really noticed how tired the place looked especially the bar area, it needs completely refurbishing. Aside from that the staff were friendly, check in was quick and easy, the room was very spacious and clean, we had a family room and it had a separate bedroom with a bed settee in the living area. Breakfast is included and is ok, again the standard of this has dropped over the years. The swimming pool is great, it's large and clean and has family changing rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed for one night as a treat for the kids before the end of the school holidays.
The hotel location is quite unusual in that its kind between a housing estate & an industrial park, its nice & quiet though.
Check in was quick & easy, we went upto our room & were pleased with our room. It was a corner room meaning that we had two windows. It was clean & tidy, although the bathroom wasn't "sparkling clean".
The kids went in the swimming pool & reported that this was one of the best hotel pools they've been in so it got a big thumbs up.
Had a good nights sleep, breakfast was nice in the morning.
Looking at some of the other reviews regarding a refurbishment been required, I can see their point abit. Most of the village hotels are very model, glass fronted buildings. This one is alot older & the interior more dated.
To be honest, it didn't bother us & if anything, added to the experience rather than feeling that you are in a very sterile enviorment.
Enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: We had room 119, it was a corner room with two windows & plenty of light
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed there with my partner in December as we wanted to do Christmas shopping in Manchester. We were really pleased to have found a room for only £54 (£108 for Fri and Sat). We paid £20 for a taxi to get to the city centre however in total it was less than paying for pricey hotels in Manchester.
Our room 105 had everything we needed (we were out most of the time) however it was pretty small. Bathroom with a bath was good as well. All clean and tidy.
I was pleased to be able to use their swimming pool - they offer great facilities.
Breakfast was included in the price of our stay and it was pretty good as well (carvery style breakfast, fruits, muesli, juices etc).

We had a meal in their bar and I need to admit we didn't expect it to be so good! VIVA super food salad was very tasty and we even make a similar one at home :)

They had an organised party on both nights and the music was pretty loud. We struggled to fall asleep as our room was pretty much above their restaurant. If I need to stay again in De Vere Village Hotel, I would make sure I ask for a room in a different part of the hotel so noise doesn't disturb me.

Big thank you to a lovely receptionist who checked us in and he was very helpful whenever we needed any help.

Room Tip: Rooms situated on higher floor should have less noise (they had quite a few parties in December)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here in between Xmas and NY to see family in the area. I used to use the Village gym years ago, so knew that there was a good gym and swimming pool. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom, however, wasn't so good! There was black mould around the shower, and lots of it! The hand wash dispenser was empty and there was no soap available, apart from the shower gel, to wash your hands.

The breakfast was nice, with plenty of choice, and the staff were friendly and attentive.

One downside was the bar food. We had met friends for a couple of drinks and decided to have a light bite. This was a big mistake as the food was of a poor quality and looked like it had been warmed through in a microwave. We didn't eat in the restaurant so cannot comment on the quality of the food there.

Overall, for the price, this is an ok place to stay. My recommendation to the hotel would be to give the place a lick of paint, upgrade their TV system (very bad picture) and re-tile the bathrooms!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Hyde. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

I am sorry you felt your visit to us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments and they are being followed up by each department manager.

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Since your review we have now started our bedroom improvements and are introducing our 6 upperdeck bedrooms, we feel this will improve our bedrooms quaility and we are working as hard as we can do do this as a fast pace.

If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind Regards