I've stayed here a few times over the last couple of years and just watched the whole place deteriorate...
The parking has never been easy but while the upgrade work has been going on, frankly it's ridiculous. I had to park in a street nearby because half of the car park is fenced off for contractors use. Of course I appreciate that this is a fitness centre, and is obviously quite popular judging by the number of members blocking the reception entrance every time I try to get in and out of the place, but there hasn't been a single time I've stayed when I've parked easily, yet once the gym members have gone home, there's plenty of room...So my car is now two streets away and the car park is half empty. The last time was the last straw...I had to stay at the last minute and was offered a room on the second floor, right by the stairwell...I must have been tired because it never occurred to me that this fire door would be banging for most of the night...
The room was worse than tatty, there were chips in the plaster, the furniture was scuffed and scratched, the mirror was badly marked, and even items in the bathroom were either hanging off or missing completely. This was clearly one of the rooms awaiting re-furb.
The telly didn't work properly and the wi-fi was slower than my 3G signal on my phone, so pretty much useless.
Still, last minute, and during a re-furb? what did I expect? I'll tell you what I expected...a little warning that things weren't as they would have liked....a sort of forward thinking apology about the dust and poor state of the room, maybe even just a little concession on the room rate so that at least I could prepare myself for a less than perfect stay...
Ah well... although I politely mentioned a few things at check-out the following morning, and received a very polite and apologetic e-mail from the Manageress offering a reduced rate stay next time, I just can't see there being a next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Manchester Hyde is well positioned for both exploring and shopping and just 7 miles from Manchester City Centre. The picturesque Peak District is close by, as is the shopaholic's dream location. With Manchester United (25 minute drive) and Manchester City Centre (15 minute drive) Football Clubs not far away, why not combine a visit to one of these sporting giant or visit Europe's biggest indoor shopping mall at the Trafford Centre. Village Hotel Manchester Hyde has 89 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Manchester Hyde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel Leisure East Manchester
- Village Hotel Manchester Hyde Greater Manchester