This was a very mixed stay at the hotel. There are excellent aspects of this hotel, but also we had some poor experiences too.
Our experiences of the different aspects of the hotel:
Victory bar staff - excellent, very helpful (particularly Josh) and delicious food.
Leisure facilities - very relaxing, helpful staff, clean. Best time to go is after 7pm! Could do with a lick of paint above the Jacuzzi and a fair few light bulbs needed changing but overall, lovely facilities
Room - bed very comfortable and black out curtains in standard room. Upperdeck room bed even better - fantastic nights sleep!! Clean but walls / floor a little tired in both rooms.
Claire the reception desk manager - very helpful and friendly. Also the Scottish receptionist was brilliant, unfortunately we didn't catch her name.
Breakfast - good selection and tasted lovely (especially the Danish pastries!) Although make sure the staff hear you ask for coffee / tea as a few occasions they forgot to bring it! Very apologetic when reminded though.
Stairwells - need a lick of paint and new carpet!
Noise levels - staying on a Friday and Saturday night is not the best idea unless your room is miles away from the function room. We were two floors up and could hear music through the floor until 1am both nights. When I went down to reception at ten to one in the morning on the second night to ask what time it was finishing, a member of staff said "it's what we do here" with a very dismissive attitude - he clearly wasn't bothered! HOWEVER - the next morning when explaining this to Claire (manager), she was very apologetic and did compensate us to make up for the noise and the rude staff member, so all was not lost.
The location is good for reaching Manchester, Sheffield and the Peaks.
Car park can get busy when lots using the gym / leisure facilities but has overflow car park.
Overall, the friendly staff, comfy beds and leisure facilities made the trip enjoyable, just a shame a little tainted by noise and one rude staff member!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Manchester Hyde is well positioned for both exploring and shopping and just 7 miles from Manchester City Centre. The picturesque Peak District is close by, as is the shopaholic's dream location. With Manchester United (25 minute drive) and Manchester City Centre (15 minute drive) Football Clubs not far away, why not combine a visit to one of these sporting giant or visit Europe's biggest indoor shopping mall at the Trafford Centre. Village Hotel Manchester Hyde has 89 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Manchester Hyde Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel Leisure East Manchester
- Village Manchester Hyde Hotel Greater Manchester